Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• Customizer

@Imperious:

How much for a complete AAP40 set with 12 extra japanese tactical bombers?

Also need my AA guns and Factories painted ( set from AA42)

Again it depends on the options you wanted…

I’m going to give a full pricing guide after I finish the US set. I want to clock myself accurately so I can make sure that I’m both still making money and not overcharging.  Then also note that I probably won’t start taking (large) orders until I finish my own set (I’m trying to make sure there aren’t any surprises and also want to get a good image stock going before I get too hasty about anything else).

It’ll probably be a little while, but don’t worry, I’m pretty set on making this happen.

• The Japanese pieces look great. Can’t wait to see your prices.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Brain:

The Japanese pieces look great. Can’t wait to see your prices.

I would have to say the carriers are my favorite.

• Oh yeah I am totally looking forward to the Americans. I can’t wait to see the paint schemes for the various pieces.

@Brain:

Oh yeah I am totally looking forward to the Americans. I can’t wait to see the paint schemes for the various pieces.

It’s a bummer he doesn’t have any Hellcats to go with the Corsairs. That would look awesome! I always keep my P-38s in the European theater and Hellcats in the Pacific. I really want to paint my stuff now…

• Customizer

Awesome job on these… like the way you went for the steamer look instead of the regular transport.  The camo jobs are fantastic.

• @Variable:

@Brain:

Oh yeah I am totally looking forward to the Americans. I can’t wait to see the paint schemes for the various pieces.

It’s a bummer he doesn’t have any Hellcats to go with the Corsairs. That would look awesome! I always keep my P-38s in the European theater and Hellcats in the Pacific. I really want to paint my stuff now…

I want to see some P-40 Warhawks with the Flying Tigers paint.

• Customizer

@Brain:

*See first page - the single Chinese Fighter (has the shark face accurately there, but not a good pic of it). The Flying Tigers fought with the Chinese, and one unit accurately represents that… All A&A variants have only one fighter starting in China. Maybe I’ll do one with US markings for my 1942 and original board for the sake of completion, but no more than a single unit.

I’ve toyed with the idea of doing 1/2 P-38s and 1/2 Hellcats… Not sure yet. Don’t want them to look too similar to UK and ANZAC units. We’ll see - that hurdle is a few weeks off.

• '10

Tha jap carriers re fantastic. :lol:

• seriously wow. those rock!

@allworkandnoclay:

I’ve toyed with the idea of doing 1/2 P-38s and 1/2 Hellcats… Not sure yet. Don’t want them to look too similar to UK and ANZAC units. We’ll see - that hurdle is a few weeks off.

Paint the Hellcats Navy Blue like the Corsairs. Should distinguish them from the Brits.

• Customizer

Good idea for the Hellcats… Now I just need to buy an original copy of the game (I only have the board  :|).

On another note:

Three uniforms for the US infantry - Western European (olive drab), Mediterranean Desert, and Pacific Marine.

What specific Marine uniform do you guys think? Khaki? ‘Tattered’ green?

• @allworkandnoclay:

Good idea for the Hellcats… Now I just need to buy an original copy of the game (I only have the board  :|).

On another note:

Three uniforms for the US infantry - Western European (olive drab), Mediterranean Desert, and Pacific Marine.

What specific Marine uniform do you guys think? Khaki? ‘Tattered’ green?

tattered green

• Very nice work I’m painting my pieces as well but they look not as nice as yours.  :-(  Are you doing the US pieces soon?  I would love to see them.  How much time have you put into painting this set so far? Its taking forever to paint mine.

• @allworkandnoclay:

@Brain:

*See first page - the single Chinese Fighter (has the shark face accurately there, but not a good pic of it). The Flying Tigers fought with the Chinese, and one unit accurately represents that… All A&A variants have only one fighter starting in China. Maybe I’ll do one with US markings for my 1942 and original board for the sake of completion, but no more than a single unit.

Oh yeah I forgot about those. I am sure I will like anything you do.

• Speechless.

There are no real words to convey this awesome. You’ve even actually managed to make me find my old pre-Dreadnought models and start painting them.

I can’t wait till you finish.  :-D

• I can’t wait until he finishes my set :-D

• I want to see those U.S pieces.

Come on! Show me your war face!

• Customizer

US Infantry coming later tonight… Finishing up the roundels. Stay tuned.

• @allworkandnoclay:

US Infantry coming later tonight… Finishing up the roundels. Stay tuned.

I would think that the roundels would be the longest part of the paint job.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m