• Page 21 - National Objectives & Bonus Income - United States:  The second sentence of the first bullet point should read “This wartime economy takes effect during the first U.S. turn that follows an unprovoked Japanese attack on any Allied-controlled ship or territory (not including China or the French territories), or on the U.S.’s third turn, whichever comes first.”  (If the United Kingdom or ANZAC attacks Japan first, Japan may respond without bringing the United States into the war.)

I am looking to see if I understand the above correctly:

1. If Japan should attack the US on turn 1, the US does not collect its extra 40 bonus until round 2 of its collect income phase?

2. On round three, if not attacked by Japan, the US does collect its extra 40 income, therefore being able to spend it round 4 to purchase units?

3. If Japan attackes the US on round 3, the US does not get the actual extra 40 income until its collect income phase in round 4?

My apaolgies if I am beating a dead horse, but I just need to make sure I fully understand the rule.

• Customizer

@Jaybird:

1. If Japan should attack the US on turn 1, the US does not collect its extra 40 bonus until round 2 of its collect income phase?

If Japan attacks on turn 1, the US instantly gets the bonus and will collect it during the collect income phase of its next turn (US turn 1).

1. On round three, if not attacked by Japan, the US does collect its extra 40 income, therefore being able to spend it round 4 to purchase units?

I think Krieg explained that the bonus occurs at the beginning of the collect income phase of Turn 3, so yes.

1. If Japan attackes the US on round 3, the US does not get the actual extra 40 income until its collect income phase in round 4?

Since Japan goes before the US, a Japan attack on turn 3 would trigger the bonus, so the US could collect the money on their next turn (US turn 3).

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

1. My understanding is they would collect the 40 IPCs at the end of the 3rd turn, making it spendable US4. That is the incentive to not attack the US on J3.

• @Variable:

1. My understanding is they would collect the 40 IPCs at the end of the 3rd turn, making it spendable US4. That is the incentive to not attack the US on J3.

But if you collect income at the END of your turn, why would it matter if Japan attacks US during J3? If they don’t attack them J3, war is automatically declared US3. Even if they attack during J3 US still can’t collect the extra income until the end of their turn so they still couldn’t use it until US4. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works anyway.

• Just to clarify, on a J1 attack, the US gets +40 at the end of turn.  You still only have 17 to spend on US1 no matter what happens.

• @Mino1124:

@Variable:

But if you collect income at the END of your turn, why would it matter if Japan attacks US during J3? If they don’t attack them J3, war is automatically declared US3. Even if they attack during J3 US still can’t collect the extra income until the end of their turn so they still couldn’t use it until US4. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works anyway.

If Japan attacks the US during J3, then the US can attack Japan during US3.

If Japan doesn’t attack the US during J3, then the US can’t attack Japan during US3.

• Oh I read the rules wrong for that part. Okay the rules on page 8 say “The U.S. cannot attack Japan, disrupt Japanese convoys, or move units into China until either Japan provokes war with the U.S. or the U.S. declares war on Japan, whichever comes first.” Does that mean if U.S. declares war on Japan on US1 they can attack on US1 then collect wartime income, or that they have to wait until US2 to attack? And to “declare war” as U.S. do you just say “I declare war”?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Mino1124:

Oh I read the rules wrong for that part. Okay the rules on page 8 say “The U.S. cannot attack Japan, disrupt Japanese convoys, or move units into China until either Japan provokes war with the U.S. or the U.S. declares war on Japan, whichever comes first.” Does that mean if U.S. declares war on Japan on US1 they can attack on US1 then collect wartime income, or that they have to wait until US2 to attack? And to “declare war” as U.S. do you just say “I declare war”?

What it means is if the US is not already at war with Japan at the end of US3, they MUST declare war so they start J4 at war. The US does not have the option to declare war earlier than that.

• Thanks that’s kind of worded oddly, but I understand now thanks. Lol on an unrelated note, I can’t help but notice that everybody who’s posted on this thread is either Artillery or Infantry. I say thank you to all of you Artillery who give us support in times of need.  :lol: :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m