• What is the proper rule for fortifications on shorelines?
    Ex. Normandy has three sea zones that touch it would only 1 fortification be necessary or 3. One for each sea zone

• @jkempi54
    Same as land. One border for each zone you want to defend against. So you would need 3 forts in Normandy for complete coverage.

• Good question, but first can they be placed on a sea border ?

Rule 12.7 states that « Fortifications are placed on a border of a land zone and protect from attacks accross that border ».

I may be wrong but I understood this to mean a land border with another territory.

Compare to Coastal Artillery that is placed « along a land/sea zone border to Defend against Amphibious Assaults » (rule 12.9).

My understanding was that Fortifications protected from land attacks and Coastal Artillery from Amphibious Attacks. Again, maybe a wrong assumption on my part.

However, the rule of Special Fortification Zones (12.8) mentions both Fortifications and Coastal Artillery and includes some islands, so for this to make sense they must have some use there also… unless the fortification only protects the island from Airborne assaults ?

• Banned

@noneshallpass
    The shoreline is a border of a land zone as well

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m