• @Brain:

@Captain:

@Brain:

Hey Captain Kiwi, how about painting my pieces? You said you like to paint, am I right? I would be your BFF

hehehe, got a spare 1000 bucks :)

When i consider the time it took to do, i think thats about the right amount to charge if I bill myself at 15-20 bucks an hours  :-D

Does that include the pieces?

Nah, probably just labour. I don’t even know if i could get a second copy these days anyway  :-D

• Well while waiting for the FMG pieces project to roll along I found another painting task to do.

Not A&A related, but hwo im keeping occupied until the FMG untis become available

http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/ithkrall/40k/

• Hey maybe you could use these pieces in AA. Call them the Hitler mutants tech.

• Hi Captain!,

I thought of a new idea for you.  You seem like the adventuresome type.  Because you inspired me.  I came up with the idea of board modding.  I thought that it would be cool to implement an small smoke generator underneath the board.  like the ones used in small model trains.  Then use a piping system throughout the board to the typical locations of IC’s underneath the board.  And wala! you have interactive IC’s!  Nothing like seeing smoke coming out your IC!  Now it looks like your IC is actually doing something.  Pretty darned cool if I say so myself.  I vow to try it someday.  Along with the operation paint party!  Also the implementation of led’s would be pretty cool too!

• @miragehunter:

Hi Captain!,

I thought of a new idea for you.  You seem like the adventuresome type.  Because you inspired me.  I came up with the idea of board modding.  I thought that it would be cool to implement an small smoke generator underneath the board.  like the ones used in small model trains.  Then use a piping system throughout the board to the typical locations of IC’s underneath the board.  And wala! you have interactive IC’s!  Nothing like seeing smoke coming out your IC!  Now it looks like your IC is actually doing something.  Pretty darned cool if I say so myself.  I vow to try it someday.  Along with the operation paint party!  Also the implementation of led’s would be pretty cool too!

An epic idea, but probably beyond my abilities. But you sir, you have a brain made for crazy ideas.

My hat off to you

• Just saw this thread for the first time – And after seeing the pictures, I’m in awe. These are absolutely incredible.

I really wish I had the patience and expertise to pull something like this off. Bravo.

• Hi Capt. Kiwi,
    I just wanted to let you know that I did start painting my pieces finally.  I’m painting the set from the AAP 1940 set.  The paints I’m using are not as nice as your warhammer paints.  But it is a start.  I’ve started with the American units.  I will be posting pics of my progress in the AAP 1940 forum.  I just thought you would like to know so you can follow my progress.  Look forward to reading your thoughts on my work.

• Awesomeness. Look forward to seeing the results

• Here’s a link to Viracocha’s Photobucket account. Hes been working on his own Operation Paintskreig after being inspired by a couple of painted copies he saw of AA50 (Mine included)

http://s889.photobucket.com/home/Viracocha_bucket

So check it out, a different artist with a different look at painting AA50

• Customizer

Thanks  :-D

I think my end products are something between your arsenal and Sam Hill’s.

Posted some more btw, my wife does some photography so I let her just have a session with it.  I’ll gradually keep uploading - there’s a lot of 'em, not sure if I’ll bother uploading all of them.  It’ll end when I post the Atomic warfare pieces, sounds appropriate.  Original post for these is:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17651.msg582169#msg582169

Gold Leader: Stay on Target! (eh eh eh - that’s for you I.L.  :lol: )

• '10

You guys are amazing!  We all are in awe…

…Can I come over and play?

This is what HARD CORE is all about.

• DUDE’s how do you get that much detail in them???  I thought mine looked that good.  Now they look like finger painting compared to that.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

You guys are amazing!  We all are in awe…

:-D You’re welcome to throw some bones in Old Smoke anytime.

Mirage: Well don’t use your fingers. eheh  :wink: Glad you like 'em. But you have to take into account that many are not standard issue A&A minis - or they’re at least better sculpts from other editions of A&A (I used the T-34 from a '42 set, because the anniversary ones look like they have pyramids for turrets… kind of a Stargate kinda tank come to think of it… they’re okay - and I painted them as well but…eh. Opinion call I guess). Much of the German navy has pieces from Jeff Stein’s game (outstanding fellow btw) - with superior (plastic) sculpts. I don’t have any leads - well, for A&A.

I still plan on “borrowing” (  :wink:) the captain’s scaled down flags on capital ships idea, already have tiny flags but wondering which edition I might try it on (this one is nearly complete, sometimes you have to just say done… but I do have the coastal artillery to do and and…*sigh).  And then there’s Sam Hill’s and the Captain’s mounting of aircraft… I still toy with that, recently did a trial run with clear plastic rods on a stukka (in the dive bomb position). *shrug  I might mount some bombers but not all the fighters… I like the way they look on a carrier. Obviously it’s a slow day at work for me… I knew I should have brought some minis and paints…  :lol:

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Where do you get coastal Artillery?

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

Where do you get coastal Artillery?

Good question… been going over the options.  There are various artillery pieces form other games, looked at quite a few.  Might just alter and add with standard AA guns, their stats are somewhat similar in that they are ‘neutral’ pieces.  I’ll post 'em when done.

Mirage: Looked around - link me to your pics? Love looking at any - even unpainted.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

You guys are amazing!  We all are in awe…

If your ever in New Zealand FMG, you can come and play with my set. I even have your dice bag already here so you’ll feel right at home.

• @Captain:

Hi all

As I have mentioned before I am in the process of painting my AA50 set from start to finish.

I got the game last week and have finished off the german Infantry, Tanks, Artillery, and Aircraft. I will try and get the fleet finished by the end of the weekend.

If people are interested I will update the following gallery with progress as I complete this task.

http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/ithkrall/AA50/

Any feedback or comments on the minitatures is appreciated.

Really nice paint job

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Love the paintwork , also really like your flags on the big ships and your aircraft stands. Awesome.

• Hey all

I’ve started up a painting blog that follows my painted boardgames and wargames. I’m going to revisit the axis and allies anniversary edition in a future post

Heres the link

http://vom-krieg.blogspot.com/

• First post in my retrospective look at painting up Axis and Allies anniversary edition is up here

http://vom-krieg.blogspot.com/2011/09/axis-and-allies-anniversary-part-one.html

I’ve also linked through to this site and Viracochas painted set as well

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m