• I’m a very conservative player… I dont think I would do the triple. I used to do the double.

For the double, would you guys bring as much armor as you could to the Ukraine battle or would you bring one extra armor to the WR battle?

• @Craig:

I never do the Ukraine attack.  I don’t feel comfortable with my USSR disposition after that, win or lose.

Of course, the flip side of that is, I get very happy when I’m playing Germany and the USSR leaves Ukraine alone!  I’m sure you feel stronger as Russia, but Germany is stronger too.  Who gets the better end of the tradeoff is a judgment call, of course.

• Yeah, I prefer Bel/WR too.

But when you do hit Ukraine, do you go with two or three armor?

• I can’t speak for the CSub folks, and I’d be interested to hear what approach predominated for them, but personally, whether I send 2 or 3 tanks to Ukr is the sort of fine-tuning that depends on how aggressive I feel on a given day, what I know about my opponent, which way the wind is blowing, etc.  :-)

• '16 '15 '10

Low luck, I go with 2.

Re. pure luck, after playing the game hundreds of times I’m still on the fence.  If I go with 3, that should cost me an extra inf in West Russia.  But 3 also makes the Ukraine battle relatively secure–you have to have some awful rolls to lose that.

I wouldn’t try a triple in regular luck.  If it goes bad Russia is in rough shape.  Might be worth trying in ll.

• Founder TripleA Admin

What happened to all of your CSub articles?

I had some of them published here but then I was asked to remove them. Now the group is defunct but are the articles still around?

• Who asked you to remove them? It took me awhile to find them… I figured they would be here, out of all places. I ended up getting mine from another CSub editor/assistant.

You can get them in one of my posts above, in the link.

• Hey DJensen.

Yeah, some sparks flew back in the day amongst a few folks in this forum, so we wanted to part ways  :-D

Csub has closed shop, so if you want to post them here feel free to do so.

Peace

• @Mazer:

Hey DJensen.

Yeah, some sparks flew back in the day amongst a few folks in this forum, so we wanted to part ways  :-D

Csub has closed shop, so if you want to post them here feel free to do so.

Peace

Feel free not to include the India paper… :evil:

• '16 '15 '10

Yeah that India paper needs an edit.  It’s like 5 years old no?

I don’t consider India the optimal Allied strategy, but I’ve been beaten by it enough times to realize it is a workable strategy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m