• He wasted 40 American IPCs on…rockets.

• you should have seen Alpha do  that for radar  :evil:

• ouch, rockets not so good for U.S.

• just shuffle your 2 AA guns to  Morocco and bomb the hell outa itlay

• remember that you can only use rockets with 1 aa gun at any given IC pr turn, so even if you had a hundred, you would still only get 1 dice to roll.

personally i love rockets with gernmany because there are so many targets within range :D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Incorrect, by the rules anyway.  Each AA Gun may fire one rocket at a different Industrial Complex within 3 spaces per territory.

If you had 100 AA Guns in 100 Territories all within 3 spaces of a different Industrial Complex, you could do 100 rockets worth of damage.

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

Incorrect, by the rules anyway.  Each AA Gun may fire one rocket at a different Industrial Complex within 3 spaces per territory.

If you had 100 AA Guns in 100 Territories all within 3 spaces of a different Industrial Complex, you could do 100 rockets worth of damage.

Oh no Jennifer, it is impossible to do 100 Rocket attacks , I am afraid…
    You see - there are only 82 Land Territories on the map (+16 impassable neutrals).  :mrgreen:

So the definite maximum number of territories you could bomb with a Rocket attack, on a single turn, would be 41. The other 41 territories on the map, would have to have one of your AA Guns on it .

Yes - I must have won the “Geekiest Post Award”, by that answer!  8-) :-P

• @Cmdr:

My understanding is that an IC can only be hit by one rocket per turn. I’ll go back and try to find it… Where’s Krieghund when you need him?

• Official Q&A

That’s correct, 'Jimmy.  That’s why Jennifer said the AA guns needed to be within 3 spaces of different ICs.

• so just to be clear for my next game when i hopefully get rockets again, since this clarification could quite heavily affect the amounts of AA guns i would buy… max 2 (vs germany + italy) vs alot :D

if I have e.g. UK and get rockets, i can shot at the german IC from both norway, London, finland etc as long as there are no more than 3 spaces between the attacking rocket’s placement and the target. And of course only 1 AA gun firering from any country.

• Official Q&A

No, each IC can only be fired on by one AA gun per turn.  Your UK gun could fire on Italy and your Norway gun could fire on Germany.

• okay, must have misunderstood jen’s post then.  I think that perhaps my initial comment “1 aa gun at any given IC pr turn” perhaps caused my confusion i light of jen’s comments.

but thanks for clearing it up  :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m