• Customizer

I keep hearing about TripleA.

What is it? Where do you play? I can’t seem to figure out how to get in on this.

I tried downloading the game and I think I did something wrong.

Can anyone give me some help with this?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

TripleA is a gimped up replacement for the Hasbro CDRoms of Axis and Allies.  However, it does have support for every flavor of Axis and Allies now.

You should be aware that the Artificial Intelligence makes the strategy of my 5 year old seem the work of geniuses.  Also, the game has a tendency to crash - a lot - if you are attempting to do just about ANYTHING else on your system at the same time.  Meanwhile, if you have any firewalls between you and the internet, you can pretty much kiss off having the firewall protect you OR playing the game (your choice) with friends over the internet.

Now, that said, TripleA is an awesome platform to use if you want to play some ideas out against yourself to iron out some ideas.

If you want to play with other users, your best bet is to get ABattlemap and use a dice server like the one built in on this site or at frood.net or failing that, if you like pretty pictures and a slightly more cumbersome mapping utility (cumbersome because it sacrificed some of the features of battlemap to build other features in like arrows and text blocks so you can leave notes, etc) you can get Mapview.

All of them can be found at DAAK.de (if they are up again), Flames of Europe (FoE), AAMC or, if you shoot me an email I can see if I can zip them up and send them too you.  Though, you can find almost all of them for free by punching them into google or another search engine.

(In case you didn’t notice, I am heavily biased against TripleA.  I think it’s a cute program just like the Disney Car’s video game my 5 year old plays on, but I wouldn’t use it for anything serious.  It’s just too much a security risk and it’s about as flaky as Windows 95b (the one with Active Desktop installed for the first time) was in how stable it is and how well it works with other programs.)

• @Cmdr:

(In case you didn’t notice, I am heavily biased against TripleA.  I think it’s a cute program just like the Disney Car’s video game my 5 year old plays on, but I wouldn’t use it for anything serious.  It’s just too much a security risk and it’s about as flaky as Windows 95b (the one with Active Desktop installed for the first time) was in how stable it is and how well it works with other programs.)

You can always use a Live CD (try Ubuntu) for anything important you do on your PC (shopping, banking, etc). That way you don’t have to worry about the security of your system.

• Customizer

Thanks for the info Jenn. I’m playing AAA, I finally got it to work but how do you play against other people?

• you can Find Games Lobby server to play live
      or

visit the Triplea Ladder site to PBEM.  You have to challenge someone.  It is best to contact them by e-mail before challenging.

Last I heard, via the Caspian Sub mailer, the TripleA ladder site was down and there was no information as to whether it was coming back.  Also, they mentioned that the TirpleA ladder’s domain name was available for purchase.

I have not confirmed EITHER report.  This is ONLY what I read in the caspian sub emails.  If you want confirmation you’ll have to go get it yourself.  I don’t really use tripleA for anything outside of kicking around some ideas and things to do.

• Find games in Lobby still works ok.

• On TripleA you will find the worlds TOP A&A players. in my opinion. This because of the number of matches played. Via PBEM a game can take months….

• Jennifer come and challenge me “live”. You will see what i mean  :-D

@buba:

On TripleA you will find the worlds TOP A&A players. in my opinion. This because of the number of matches played. Via PBEM a game can take months….

Really?  Because I usually polish off AA Games online in a matter of hours using battlemap.  It would see to me that TripleA would be at least as fast or slower than you can run battlemap. (Slower because connections can be lost and then you have to resynch or the game crashes, or what have you.  Those things cannot happen in battlemap.)

• Sorry Jennifer but i have to agree with BUBA.

First you will find the best AAA Player there, much better in the mean , then the club only players like in the DAAK or elswhere.

Secound , sync probs are very rare but even if a game chrashes , you have an Autosave. I sometimes  watch tv on my Pc or listen to the radio on my pc  beside my games and i never had any big issues with triplea.

Third , of course you can let your firewall be active, triplea works good with hard and software firewalls, just forward port 3300 (or any port other you wanna use) and you will be fine .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m