Map for 1941 axis strategy

• Yes, but first the axis.

Actually for 1942 the Soviet attacks are going to be done. I have some tweeks for the Axis 1941 to make for either a fast or slow game.

The problems with doing USA is 5 other nations played already so its hard to make exact plans. UK is kinda is this as well.

• http://www.mediafire.com/?yrnntzloydw

revised strategy to cut out any attacks by the Soviets.

• IL, what file do I need to download to see that revised strategy?

The most recent one I see dates from 24/11/2008…

• http://www.mediafire.com/?nzn4j1jgvk1

sorry about that… :cry:

this is the correct one

• Above is not the right link (it points to a 42 map), but I’ve found your revised all out on Russia strategy.

I will admit it looks stronger when you are using even the African corps to Ukraine. Some slight adjustments:
    Italy won’t but a trn when the fleet goes to the baltic of course.
    You only shift 2 inf to Poland instead of the 3 inf, 1 rtl.

The Russian counter attack on the Baltic states is gone, so I believe best Russia can do is make Karelia a deadzone, and go for defense of the Caucasus. That one has to be held at all costs. With the UK forces from Africa and India that should be enough, but I can’t tell that for sure, one is looking way ahead in future turns.
    Losing Leningrad is not fun, but it’s not the end of the Russians. Remember Leningrad is not next to Moscow, but Stalingrad is!.

It will be a race between Germany in Moscow and the Allies in Berlin and we might even see it happen on the same turn (hey wait, where did I hear that before…  :-P).

• If you leave Karelia, Norway takes it and all that junk now takes the spots next to Moscow, while linking to Caucasus with the intention of forcing a decision for you to give up Caucasus if not that turn but the next. If you sent stuff to Caucasus the new threat on Moscow will force you to pull back some to Moscow, which Germany and Italy and Japanese planes all coordinate for all out attack on Caucasus.

The strategy is forcing you to divide or let me have 1 factory per turn.

I know UK will retake Karelia, and ill retake it. That keeps them out of France

• last link is now corrected.

• Is there no way that the map could be postd into a j.peg? Or w/e.

I cannot open it.

Did you list the moves on the map itself IL?

• @Krupp:

Is there no way that the map could be postd into a j.peg? Or w/e.

I cannot open it.

Did you list the moves on the map itself IL?

Krupp - it’s a PDF. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader and you’ll be able to see it.

And he does illustrate all the moves, with notes for guidance. Very handy.

• Jpegs suck. so does bmp.  png or pdf are the way to go because they don’t rasterize vector artwork.

• Got it to work finally, thanks alot IL :mrgreen:

• Ugh, I have seen the strat and seems not only Japan can kill any on sight AND take China J1, India J2; Germany can take Karelia round 2 or 3  :-o You suggest any USA player will retreat from Pacific, but I played with Pacific navy, India IC AND bad german player and still Japan gets 60 IPCs for 45-50 USA. Imagine what can do a uncontested Japan. I’ll still would go for America with Japan, because seems UK and soviets cannot stand western axis. Italy should conquer Africa soon or later.

We have a seriously flawed scenario here. Not only China sucks. Soviets suck and USA cannot beat Japan’s navy until a ton of turns. Even Australia cannot be defended with so many jap trannies. It’s even worst I thought. We need pretty heavy allied bids, maybe even heavier than axis bids for Classic  :-P I guess at least 4 inf to Yunnan and at least 2-3 to Karelia, maybe even a dd for z2? That would be 26-29  :-o. What do you think would be a balanced bid for allies, IL? Or maybe simply a fixed setup as in AAPacific?

• What the bloody hell were the Russians doing if Germany took and held Karelia on G2/G3?  :?

• IL strat -> germans take Karelia G2 or G3
    My game -> poor german player, Karelia survives all the game. Soviets get 54 income, but totally alone in Asia after India IC taken and USA fleet sunk (that one by poor attack choice). Germany didn’t try IL strat, my point is axis don’t need that strat or even a decent german player to survive or even to win. Japan powns all (I think that’s the word), but I agree with IL, that strat only makes things worst for allies.

• The word is pwn…or the past tense where it originally appeared…pwned. It orginated from the game Warcraft When you lost to the computer in a multiplayer game on a certain map the screen said so and so was pwned. It was a mispelling that has lead to its current use.

And there’s your gaming language lesson of the day  :lol:

• And that’s your first karma +1  :-D Thanks!

• Cannot the russians let germany have Karaliea and just move the AA gun out and bomb it every round?

• Sure, but all that would do is not allow germany to build anything there. not that big of a loss. If the russians were to take it back they would need to repair it before they could use it

• Russia would need to build a bomber. If uk did that task its a waste for 2 points for one bomber which could be killing elsewhere.

• Maybe I’m reading the wrong map, but the one I’m looking at says Japan starts with 31 ipcs, allowing them lots of big fat builds in J1.  In the 1941 scenario, they only start with 17 ipcs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m