• So I have been considering the best ways to hit the Russians, and balance that with the need to defend France and Germany against anphib. I normally use a fleet to move the Germany Army to Lenningrad G4, and meet up with the Finland INF. I then play defensive for a while and build up the defending forces till I think I can with small augmentation every turn hold France and Germany every tun. I pick up the assault turn 6 or seven normally.

Your thoughts?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WAY too Slow.

The trick to beating Russia is to go in HARD and FAST,  SHOCK and AWE.

Hit them from every possible angel, target their clusters of equipment, focus on your NO’s and strategic objectives, and bankrupt them as quickly as possible.,  whilst putting up only whats necessary as resistance against the western allies.

It’s OK to give up France, and norway, if it means you get RUSSIA.  You’ll get

• agreed. you need every territory that Russia has as fast as possible. in the north, take Leningrad, in the south, the 2 ipc’s per territory are worth every penny seeing as its a 4 point swing.

• Play as the allies vs a good axis player.  Learn from his tactics.  Modify them to suit your play-style.  That is the honest to god truth.  No better way to go about it.  No shortcuts to becoming a good player.

People call tell you what to do in the forums, but playing against them will show you HOW.

• '10

@M7574:

Play as the allies vs a good axis player.  Learn from his tactics.  Modify them to suit your play-style.  That is the honest to god truth.  No better way to go about it.  No shortcuts to becoming a good player.

People call tell you what to do in the forums, but playing against them will show you HOW.

Just like learning to play Chess.  You learn from your opponents.

• @M7574:

Play as the allies vs a good axis player.  Learn from his tactics.  Modify them to suit your play-style.

I never thought of that before. I always like being the Axis though. It’s challenging, and frustrating. But I love it!

@Gargantua:

The trick to beating Russia is to go in HARD and FAST,  SHOCK and AWE.

This is true, and this AAG40 game I’m playing right now (OOB rules) I made that mistake. I waited to take Russia, and focused on Frace G1, and then taking UK G2, G3, AND G5. BIG mistake. Yes the money is nice, but do it for 2 turns tops.

If any of you try that with OOB rules, fill your transports, and focus the rest of your money on Operation Barbarosa (if I spelled that correctly).

~MadPup~

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m