• @The:

I sure hope Amon Sul doesn’t see this. He does A LOT of what you suggest to never do.  :-P :lol: j/j Amon, j/j.  Builds a whole bunch of ICs with Japan, builds a battleship or two with the US, buys an AC and fighter, sometimes on the same turn. But in the end, he still manages to win!  :-o :-P

thanks, bud  :wink: 8-)

what is j.j.  :lol: :mrgreen:

• Put me down as another that disagrees with most of these ALWAYS and NEVERS.

For example I can’t even remember the last time I countered Egypt UK1.

Also I have strategies that are based on quite a few of those NEVERS.

• :|
    Then these are not for you.
    But for most new players, they will work just fine.
    Read the bottom line.
    I should have stated that this need not apply to the Veteran players who have some rather risker strategies, but to the newer ones who haven’t worked out a good one yet. and these are mostly Round one rules, not later rounds.
    But thanks for responding anyway. :roll:

• Come on, man, you want to say that W Russia/Ukraine is simpler strat than a W Russia/Belorussia opening?

• :roll:
    More important, in the reasoning that The German player will not be as tempted to take the Caucuses from you. For those that are not as devious as you, this could get them into trouble too early on in the game. Cappiece? :wink:

Here are some of my thoughts for Round 1:

Russia -
    Always attack Wrus
    Ukr and/or Belo - up to the Russian player.  Either is fine, but they aren’t mandatory and bid placement may alter either attack.

Germany -
    Always attack the BB in Sz 13.
    Always attack Egy (using bid units or trn from sz 14).
    Always attack Kar (the Nor inf have nothing better to do).
    Always attempt a counter on Ukr even if you just strafe, but you need to make Russia pay for bringing in her armor.

If Belo was attacked a counter isn’t necessary, but it is defintely doable assuming a higher value target isn’t available.  The point being, don’t throw away an arm (or possibly an rt) to reclaim it.
    Depends on losses on Russia 1.

The Sz 15 DD should be attacked but it isn’t necessary if you are heavily favored to take Egy via your bid units.

UK -
    I don’t think they have any “must attacks” since their turn will be based on what happened with Germany and what they did.

Japan -
    Always attack Pearl
    Always attack Chi

I’m sure Pearl could warrant a debate, but I find it hard to come by a scenerioe where even Pearl lite wouldn’t be worth a shot.

All other land based and potential Naval battles (picking off lone UK ships) are subject to available units and IMO should not come at the expense of Pearl or Chi.

Note:  Bury with 6 Rus inf can be hit without jeopardizing Pearl, but Bury with a UK ftr coupled with other aggressive UK moves (sol sub, sz 59 trn) means you should layoff Bury and get your shipping lanes in order while securing Chi (attack with 7 inf + 2 ftrs).  The rest of the units should be used to clear Pearl, then Sz 59, then what ever else you feel comfortable with (based on players risk level).

US -
    They have no “must attacks” and their trun will be heavily based on what happened from R1 thru J1.

• @Crazy:

:roll:
    More important, in the reasoning that The German player will not be as tempted to take the Caucuses from you. For those that are not as devious as you, this could get them into trouble too early on in the game. Cappiece? :wink:

Me, devious?  :?

• :roll:
    If the snowshoe fits?

• The ultimate secret ALWAYS move to win an FTF game:

ALWAYS provide all the free alcohol you can to your opponent.

• The ultimate secret ALWAYS move to win an FTF game:

You may take my capital but if I drank all your alcohol I’d say it was an economic victory  :-D

• @ncscswitch:

The ultimate secret ALWAYS move to win an FTF game:

I’m going to hold you to that.

• '19 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

The ultimate secret ALWAYS move to win an FTF game:

You seem to be recruting for f2f players

• :-P
    How easy it is for you 3 to get off topic  :roll:

• @Crazy:

:-P

Free alcohol is off topic?

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    It May be…
    It Might not…
    Ask me again after happy hour,  :-P

• '19 Moderator

@Crazy:

:-P

Beer is like Kevin Bacon, it may not be exactly on topic, but it’s always really close.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m