• I might have an opportunity to do a kaf. I am Germany and am playing on gamesbyemail. (the only time i play orginal after maddog left) he was a good player too bad he was such an ass. It is currently japan’s first turn but I bought a carrier for italy. (yes i know it crazy) but as of now I have a sub and carrier off italy, and a trans and a battle ship off of algeria. they will meet up with two fighters in the mid atlantic. but britain  only has a trans off britan. ( the US has its one original one. ) but the uk’s move was just as interesting as mine. He put a factory  in Egypt. we both have 4 inf, and a tank in algeria and he has his in egypt while he has 45 ipcs. Depending on what the board looks like in turn 2 and if my partner agrees we might go for the US. They only problem is i am very thin in the east though. does any one think this is plausible? I don’t really want advice since the game is on going. but this game is turning out very interesting so i thought i would share. also has anyone ever down a KAF in classic?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

You know, there used to be a good KAF strategy out there, but it’s been years since I’ve played it.

I am thinking it should be possible to confuse the allies into thinking you are going to invade England then race around it with your transports and hit E. Canada from there you can stage an invasion of E. USA.  Of course, Japan would have to assist iwth an assault on the West.

• @Cmdr:

You know, there used to be a good KAF strategy out there, but it’s been years since I’ve played it.

I am thinking it should be possible to confuse the allies into thinking you are going to invade England then race around it with your transports and hit E. Canada from there you can stage an invasion of E. USA.  Of course, Japan would have to assist iwth an assault on the West.

I that is what i was thinking. either that or I was going to sneak into brazil but the game is almost over. because i only had a few inf rd, 2 russia overextended self in the east and the west. so he will be hurting now. for some reason the US built a pacific fleet and I just bombed the uk fleet he just built. If you are the US  and you see Germany building major boats why in the world would you build in the west? maybe he thought because the uk had africa and rusisia had more ipcs than me they couldn’t screw up. oh well he was wrong.

• Sounds really hard to do w/o IPC support from WE.

The trn, + inf cost diversions will allow Rus to invade.

Staging a large western invasion is basically setting Ger up for a 2-front war. 
    At such an early stage, it appears that short spending on the Russian front will cost you the game.

The navy may be better utilized covering the Baltic sea for the Kar invasion.

• The common Axis strategy is KRF.

Spend where you can win.

Spend where you can easily divide and conquer your opponent.

• @Linkon:

The common Axis strategy is KRF.

Spend where you can win.

Yes i know that thank you. actually i said the russian’s over extend and now i am hitting them hard.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

That and everyone expects Kill Russia First, it’s just no fun anymore.

• *Cough * Canadian Shield Cough  :wink:

• @cyan:

@Linkon:

The common Axis strategy is KRF.

Spend where you can win.

Yes i know that thank you. actually i said the russian’s over extend and now i am hitting them hard.

I would recommend alternative axis strategies after Russia’s income is < $12 for 3 rounds straight.  This allows Ger and Jpn to each fly SBR’s and spend ~$10/round to maintain their respective Russian Fronts.   The surplus $$ can be spent for other parts of the board.

Your team should be well in control of the game at that point, so the other pursuits do not put Ger at risk.  However, the Allied players will be on to the fact that you are just “toying” with them.  Their reaction will be unpredictable.

I remember back in college…

The library closed, so I strolled back to my dorm.  I passed by the W campus laundromat and noticed a few lights were still on in the attached lounge.  One of my classmates was playing A&A with a group.  One of his friends worked P/T around campus and used his keys to let the group in.  I could see something went way wrong with the Allies.  Ger had by then already built a factory in Cauc.  and had 2 BB’s and a trn in the body of water next to the Rus capital.  Axis flags were all over the Pacific and Africa was the new front.  I watched the game for a while.  Ger got BB #3 there and the Allies then conceded.  It was well after 1 AM, and only axis players appeared to be having willing to go on.  Easy for them since they were the only players having fun.

The aftermath.  I am one of 2 from that group who graduated.  The others transferred out or flunked early due to the severity of their gaming habit.  The other guy was like me in prioritizing schoolwork, thus joining them for limited hours each month.

PBEM is a good way of controling your hours.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m