• @Gewehr:

Hey goul, whats up, havent seen you in awhile. Still always up for game if your interested…though yesterday I tried playing after 3 weeks of COD4, and …I got slautered  :lol:  :evil:

I’m still here. I haven’t played a whole lot lately. Yig bought himself a xbox 360 and we have been playing that. Rainbow 6 Las Vages is the best first person shooter I’ve ever played.

I’m working to 1am this week but if we play Friday or Saturday for that matter I’ll buzz you here. Yig found a new server that has 64 peps most of the time called Iron chirstian or something like that. We’ll have to give it a go.

• I’m going to a party friday, but should be back by 10-11 and sat. I’m unsure on (brother coming home from iraq). I know what you mean, I got a PS3 and have been playing COD4 (Sooooo much better than Las Vegas!)

As for that cheat code, I usd it, but when I did. Whenever I tried playing single player, it’d kick me out of the game so just nevermind I guess.

• Rainbow 6 Las Vegas is the most realistic shooter. Amazing fire fights. I’ve played previous CODuties and they are in no way realistic. Bunny hop central.  :-D

• @Gewehr:

I’m going to a party friday, but should be back by 10-11 and sat. I’m unsure on (brother coming home from iraq). I know what you mean, I got a PS3 and have been playing COD4 (Sooooo much better than Las Vegas!)

As for that cheat code, I usd it, but when I did. Whenever I tried playing single player, it’d kick me out of the game so just nevermind I guess.

Check your version, says it works with only a certain one.

• Rainbow 6 Las Vegas is the most realistic shooter. Amazing fire fights. I’ve played previous CODuties and they are in no way realistic. Bunny hop central.

The bunny hop is the only defence against all these campers who camp a mile away and snipe at people who cant see them.

In real war the real guns are the sprayers and not the snipers. small city house to house combat are won by rate of firepower and NOT people sitting in houses on the outside killing everybody and watching them drop like flys.

The bunny hop and smoke are the only defense against these types.  The trend now is too camp because you die less times than you kill. Another reason why CTF is the best form of game, because kill/die scores have nothing to do with victory.

• @Imperious:

Rainbow 6 Las Vegas is the most realistic shooter. Amazing fire fights. I’ve played previous CODuties and they are in no way realistic. Bunny hop central.

The bunny hop is the only defence against all these campers who camp a mile away and snipe at people who cant see them.

In real war the real guns are the sprayers and not the snipers. small city house to house combat are won by rate of firepower and NOT people sitting in houses on the outside killing everybody and watching them drop like flys.

The bunny hop and smoke are the only defense against these types.  The trend now is too camp because you die less times than you kill. Another reason why CTF is the best form of game, because kill/die scores have nothing to do with victory.

I agree that real guns fights are about supression fire, not how acturate you are. Real gun fights are also about taking cover as bullets are deadly. Hopping down the street to avoid fire should result in you being shot dead by someone who is firing from a in dug position.

For a game like COD I understand that bunny hopping is important for the reasons you mentioned but, again, it is not realistic. When I was playing Rainbow 6 Las Vages it felt like I was in a real battle. There are shots going off ever where. You are not sure where you are being shot at from. You have limited ammo. You need to be in constant cover. You have to fire blindly to keep heads down…. Etc, Etc…

• yes but the game is speeded up battles. Its a cut to the chase death or kill affair. If it was REAL the simple firefight you would last more than 15 seconds before you die. What is going on is you spawn and as soon as you turn the corner a guy who has been sitting about 1/4 mile away has already killed you. What happens is artillery is called in to blow these losers away and then you take each house by house and the snipers are not able to basically show back up in that same damm house and do the same thing. And each time you take the house over he just snipes from the other side of the map… when your rolling up the flank those jugheads don’t have time to set up the money shot from 1/4 mile away. That is a prepared position and thats not accounted in these games. I think the only gun that should be used in sprayers or if you keep the damm snipers you at least allow smoke grenades to piss them off ( unlimited BTW)

I go after the flag every time even if i die 50 times i use the smoke like a cloak to run in and out or to block the LOS of snippers. But servers lately ban the smoke or don’t even allow sprayers and thats a shame.

• That’s my point. COD, and games like it, are not realistic. They’re fun, no doubt, but they pale in comparison to RB6 LV for the reasons you note.

I’m all for smoke grenades, flash bangs, breaching charges whatever.

If your only defense against snipers in COD4 is to leap around and swan dive then thats a design flaw. However, one could agrue that the only defense against bunny hoppers is to “dig in” with a sniper rifle.  :-D

I my opinion and experience COD rewards the guy how “quakes” through the map blasting with a machine gun, not the guy firing from cover.

I would rather play a game with a server full of campers then the alternative. Which is a wack of bunny hopping yahoos.

It is a shame if most severs don’t allow smoke grenades.

• I my opinion and experience COD rewards the guy how “quakes” through the map blasting with a machine gun, not the guy firing from cover.

yea thats exactly what i do. except im killing snipers from behind with my Pssh or mp44

• I still think COD is closer to R6 or the like for realism, and not at all like Quake or Unreal Tournament.  Still somewhat arcadey, but close enough without being a bore.

Red Orchestra was awesome for the tension…you had to work to stay alive and go on a killing spree.  Plus there were vehicles, not everyone got the SMG (most just got rifles, a few semiauto rifles, and maybe something else), big maps, etc.  It slowed the gameplay down and make you try to stay alive.  COD1 & 2 do encourage more blind charges.  It seems like you just chase each other around the map as the spawn points move, it’s really fast and repetitive, so it gets old quick.  I’ve tried to go back a few times recently, but it just isn’t the same.  I have fond memories of COD1 though, charging in commando, blowing dudes away and picking up their guns so i don’t have to reload.  Fun game.

Battlefield 2 is a bit more arcadey, but I enjoy the team tactics, vehicles, squads, persistent stats and unlocks, so it’s got a lot going there.

But for arcadey fun I still turn to Team Fortress 2.  That game is awesome and not realistic at all.

Looking forward to Left 4 Dead soon.  Check it out.

• M favorite game of all time is Soldier of Fortune 2 CTF –- only the gold edition with the MP5… and not the lame platinum edition which took that weapon out.

Most fun of all time no question. snipers were totally outclassed in that game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m