(1st edition) Russian political situation

• The Political Situation

Germany. At war with France, UK, and ANZAC. May declare war on USA, the Soviet Union, or China per the standard rules. Declaring war on one nation does not affect the status with the two.

Soviet Union. Not at war. May not declare war on an Axis power in Europe until turn four unless an Axis power declares war first. May declare war on Japan (the rule book indicates the game setting is before the non-agression pact, which was signed in 1941). When not at war with Japan, may not move units into China.

So with your original questions
    Russia still neutral on euro map. Cant take any neutral territories on euro map until at war with italy&/or germany.

• Version 2 says that in order to get any USSR NO, you have to be at war with Germany or Italy. Declaring war on Japan just allows non combat into China. Bob pointing out this is true for version 1.

• @Caesar:

Version 2 says that in order to get any USSR NO, you have to be at war with Germany or Italy. Declaring war on Japan just allows non combat into China. Bob pointing out this is true for version 1.

You could also ncm into pac map allies…not just china

• If USSR managed to move units into India or FIC, I would be questioning USSR and wondering how Japan allowed that.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

That creates all new possibilities, awesome point.

• I’ve taken those eastern USSR units into China before just to keep the Chinese in the game and it forces Japan to counter it.

• Russia could also move planes into England, forcing Germany to declare war if they go Sea Lion.

• Unfortunately, no. If rus is not at war with ger or italy, rus can not have any land or air units in another players territory on euro map. Rus ships (including planes on aircraft carrier)  may share seazone with with anyplayer while neutral.

• @Bob77:

Unfortunately, no. If rus is not at war with ger or italy, rus can not have any land or air units in another players territory on euro map. Rus ships (including planes on aircraft carrier)  may share seazone with with anyplayer while neutral.

That’s true in 2nd edition, this thread is about 1st edition rules.

• I posted the first edition FAQs earlier in this thread. Please take the time to read them.

• I appreciate that.

I’d read the doc, but must have missed that in the errata.   :-D

• No problem. I dont own it and havent played it. I did take the time to post the links (found them in my travels) and read them…to help you AND others that may be asking similar questions.

I’m happy to have been of service.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m