Baron Munchhausen's 1941 alternate setup for 1942.2 based on AA50 1941

• '17 '16

Please, Black Elk, post this with your picture in Redesign 1941 Setup on v5 1942.2 San Francisco Experiment

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39698.msg1651174#msg1651174

If eventually, I revised the all M2 AA50 1941 for 1942.2 map, I will do it here.
    Redesign 1941 M3 have its own thread now.

• '19

Hey Baron,
    just finished a game with your AA anniversary 1941 set-up on the 1942.2 board.  It was long and enduring but really fun! I thought for sure that the Germans were going to steam roll the Russians, but the Russian D stiffened at Stalingrad and the Germans were never able to push farther east.  Also the western allies were being a pain for the Germans with landings on Norway, north Western Europe, France and eventually Africa.  Time was running out for the Germans and they had to eventually pull back there units from the east and transfer them to the west to battle the western allies.  Meanwhile Japan was very strong on the Asian campaign.  The Americans went all out pacific and both navies were playing a cat and mouse game until the end when Japan knew it was already licked.  Japan did take Moscow, but it didn’t matter because the Americans took Berlin the next turn.  After that the western allies basically used there economic advantage and started taking back Japanesse holdings on the pacific islands and Asian continent .  I tried the turn order you recommended Germany, UK, Japan, USA, and Russia and it played out well.  I really appreciate the work you and Argothair and Black elk put on here for alternative set-ups! I always enjoy trying something new.

• '17 '16

Thanks Corpo,
    nice to post your report.
    How many players around table?
    Seems pretty epic, what would have happened if Germany was able to hold just another round? Does Japan would have been able to put a real opposition to Allies?

Did you play with Western China impassable?
    If there is something to improve, what would you change in this set-up?

I did not returned to this set-up since a several days.
    Crunching on a special 1941 project for 1942.2 Redesigned.

• '19

I played a solo match using the boardgame.  I don’t think things would have changed if Germany held one more round.  The western allies were putting a lot of pressure on them from France, Italy, Western Europe, and Norway.  Germany was on full defense mode and pulling every man and material back to the fatherland lol.  Japan would have moved into western Russia and other territories on the eastern front, but once USA got the German factory operating Japan was in trouble.  I played allowing China to move into Russia.  Two Chinese inf were able to escape to Stalingrad. The rest were wiped out by the Japanese forces during the Chinese campaign.  I guess adding national objectives is always nice.  It gives a little more spice to the game.  I thought the set-up was good and pretty even on both sides. Yes I have been following the SF experiment.  I also live in the SF area lol.  Overall though I thought the game played out really well.  If you ever make a 1942 anniversary set-up for the 1942.2 map I would defiantly be interested.

• '17 '16

Since you play solo game, you might be interested to try San Francisco Experiment when we will find the correct set up for a 1941 start.

There is few special things to play with but, for my part, I rather prefer cheaper DD at 5 IPCs to have more units at Sea and Tactical bomber plays a much more accurate role as a combat bomber than StBs.I will chime you when Argo and I will think it is ready for a real test.

• '19

That would be great! Keep me posted.  I’m actually seeing Arogthair next weekend for a big 1940 Global game.

• '17 '16

That is awesome that you live next from each other!

• '19

Yeah we have about twenty guys in our Bay Area group.  Black Elk is also in our group just haven’t met him yet lol. Hopefully soon though.  A great group of guys who love A&A. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m