What changes to the G40 map would you like to see?

• Sponsor

What changes to the G40 map would you like to see?

• Gameplay or cosmetic?  One cosmetic change that I’d like would be for all of the territories to have natural terrain colors without any factional overlays.  I would like to see just forest, desert, tundra, etc.  Onr gameplay change that I’d like to see would be for Greater Southern Germany to extend further west to meet Switzerland, separating W. Germany from N. Italy.

I’d also like to see the Azorean Islands added to the board as a pro-Allied or maybe a true neutral territory.

Why do you ask?

• Sponsor

Beginning the long process of designing an A&A Global map from scratch.

• @Young:

Beginning the long process of designing an A&A Global map from scratch.

OK.  Forget what I said about GSG and the Azores!  haha

But yeah, having natural-looking terrain would be nice.  I think that for experienced players, who would be the ones potentially using your map, the original-owner roundels are enough.  I’ll come up with a list of things I’d like to see and post again in a bit.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Im using your file to redo the map in the Germany/Africa area, im making Africa way smaller, German territories way bigger. You can save me the trouble :) … or I can pass you the file when im done if interested. (I have 20 years in photoshop, trust me, it will look stock).

• Sponsor

@siredblood:

Im using your file to redo the map in the Germany/Africa area, im making Africa way smaller, German territories way bigger. You can save me the trouble :) … or I can pass you the file when im done if interested. (I have 20 years in photoshop, trust me, it will look stock).

Can you make a map that looks as beautiful as this?… (please say yes).

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo35/blacky44/E amp M Europa 11.02.15_zpsgcbsws5n.jpg

• '17 '16 Customizer

ya, for sure. Im in the process of painting my units, this week is france, but next week is china, as I plan to do little painting to work on my game aids and map, ill be able to show you some map pics then. I also planned on adding more terrain details, like the Ardennes and such. Me personally, I don’t like the colored areas (blue france borders, etc), but I can do my mine, then color yours in another layer, so you can turn it on/off.

• Sponsor

@siredblood:

ya, for sure. Im in the process of painting my units, this week is france, but next week is china, as I plan to do little painting to work on my game aids and map, ill be able to show you some map pics then. I also planned on adding more terrain details, like the Ardennes and such. Me personally, I don’t like the colored areas (blue france borders, etc), but I can do my mine, then color yours in another layer, so you can turn it on/off.

Good to know, I’ll stay in touch… post some pics here if you can.

Cheers.

• '17 '16 Customizer

will do, until then.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Talking about the map the other day got me jazzed out, couldn’t help myself to start a little earlier then expected. I’ll have a wip pic this weekend of the continent resizing. My question is, do you know the fonts used for the names, and also the water numbers? If not that’s cool, I can figure it out, thanks.

• '19 '18 '17 '16

I very much like the idea of increasing the size of the Europian countries and I suppose that it isn’t feasible to expand the overall dimensions of map itself.

As you mentioned on YouTube, I would like to be able to play all of the Deluxe Edition setups on the same map by adding whatever is specific to that year.

The idea of reflecting terrain on the map that was mentioned by siredblood is intriguing.

I am also interested in the other customizations that you mentioned on YouTube regarding the dice, battle board and card deck.

Thanks again

• '17 '16 Customizer

I was able to get the names font, but the number font is a licensed font, so I bought that. I have the water layer and the sea zone layer in. Ive decided to redo the entire map from scratch though, retaining the gameplay, same zones etc. My French units are in the decal phase, so after I post them, ill start my map thread. Again, if its edits you like, let me know.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m