• Has anyone made changes to this tech. Not that a discount is a bad thing. I was thinking maybe ISY could improve the ships abilities.

1. DD-gets to carry 1 inf (comb or non comb)or bomb @ 2 (not both)
    2. CV/BB-get AA abilities (only 1 shot per sz)
    3. AC-gets 3 fighter capacity
    4. Other ships could still get 1 ipc discount(maybe)
      Would doing this make this 1 tech to strong and maybe a game breaker?

**I have seen a lot of post that try to separate the air/sea into 2 tech trees making a 3rd tech tree. I personally like Keeping air/sea together. I have considered adding 2 more techs to each of them and using an 8 sided dice, that way I could try some of these other abilities with out making a 3rd tree or changing ISY. What do you think?

• @WILD:

… I personally like Keeping air/sea together.

Why  keeping air/sea together?

• After looking at tech charts closer most of chart 2 deals with air. If you moved 1(SS) & 3(ISY) to a new naval chart Russia might even roll the air chart. Of coarse paratrooper should go to air as well. Putting that much more tech into game might make things pretty crazy, not that thats a bad thing. I can see advantages of a 3rd chart. On the other hand maybe the desiners play tested a 3 chart system and thought it was to many options. Who knows maybe they will introduce a 3rd chart in AA42.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have often thought that this tech should still have the discount BUT ALSO allow you to build +2 naval units in that sea zone.

Therefore, if England had an IC in Egypt and Improved Shipyards, then they could build 4 naval vessels in SZ 34. (And in turn, Improved Factories would be limited to only ground/air units.)

I also feel that factories should have double capacity.  You may build 10 ground/air units in Germany AND 10 Naval units. (so you have different counters.)

I also think that the destroyer tech should be removed and replaced with AA Guns on Battleships. (Technically you should put them on Aircraft Carriers since they were the ones most heavily garrisoned with AA Guns I am told.  But in terms of game play, it is the Battleship that should have them.  It encourages their purchase, justifies their cost, and aircraft carriers are already plentiful and purchased during the game.)

• I don’t think I would like doubling a tt production 1/2 for ground/air & 1/2 for sea. This is a step backwards when IC’s had no limits. Uk being able to drop an entire fleet in the med is bad for game play, as the axis already have a hard time keeping its ships in the Med & Atlantic. If you were to do it maybe only at capitols & W US or original IC’s. If you want more units/ships build more IC’s. As it is they have already nerfed imp fact tech because it raises production on these smaller IC’s 100%-200% or you can’t damage them enough to shut them down. Although I think these 2 ipc tt should get a boost (+1 overall w/imp fact tech) I think a 400% increase is way to much.

I agree BB & AC should have AA ability. The AA50 game I’m in right now we house ruled it in from the beginning (you don’t need a tech). Only one can fire in any given sz, but with both having the ability it allows you to split your fleet. I would be ok with just BB’s having it.
    As for DD bomb/trans 1 inf, it would like to keep as well. Its useful getting inf around.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m