• We have this scenario:
    Germany has some sea units in a coastal zone near UK. England has no sea units at the time.

In england’s turn, the player buys a battleship(or any other sea unit) and places it in the sea zone where germany has it’s units.

In it’s turn, Unites states attacks that sea zone where there are both german and english units.

Do england units participate in the battle?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Sabasanu!

The UK battleship would not participate in the battle because it’s neither the UK’s turn nor is it being attacked.

• Got it, thx. :-)

• '17 '16 Customizer

Am I missing something here? If Germany has navel units in UK’s SZ at the end of UK’s turn, the UK cannot place those navel units and loses them. If I remember correctly, that’s how it’s spelled out in the rule book and the revised eddition makes no mention that being changed. Sounds like a house rule to me.

• Official Q&A

From page 22 of the Operations Manual:

New sea units can enter play even in a hostile sea zone.  (No combat occurs because the conduct combat phase is over.)

This was also an optional rule in Second Edition Classic (page 31).

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Krieghund:

From page 22 of the Operations Manual:

New sea units can enter play even in a hostile sea zone.  (No combat occurs because the conduct combat phase is over.)

This was also an optional rule in Second Edition Classic (page 31).

Well whadaya know? I learn something new every day. Thanks for the information.
    Since this fall under the “optional” rules, does every player have to agree or do I just pull rank and say “So be it”. :-D

• Official Q&A

Etiquette for optional rules vary from group to group, but the rulebook says that they may be used “if all players agree”.

Just to be clear, this is only an optional rule in Classic.  In Revised, it’s a standard rule.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m