• These are pewter planes, and required a bit of mold line removal, and some sanding, but are very nicely made. I noticed, when referencing Soviet planes, that they did not always have insignias on the tops of thier wings, so I used 2 different insignia configurations to help differentiate between the planes.
      I added spinning props, since these had none.

• You should post a quarter next to some of these. Its hard to see what scale they are

• Sorry, I keep forgetting to do that. I always wondered how I got my nick-name. Now I know what scatter-brain must mean.
    The props on these, I can almost fit 2 of them on a penny. So imagine a penny twice as big as the props.

• '19 Moderator

Wow, that’s bigger than I thought

• @dezrtfish:

Wow, that’s bigger than I thought

Well, if A&A changes the scale of thier planes, like they did with the tanks, these planes would be about right. I dont think that is the case so far in the 2.0 release, but then I have not gotten any of the 2.0 scale pieces in except for 1 tank. I do not know if they upscaled the new planes, havent seen one yet.
      I dont think these would be so much bigger that they wouldnt be useable with the other planes from say “reserves”, “D-Day” or other releases.
      I think the biggest problem here is that most of you on this site are used to the boxed board games, and I am used to the A&A “collectables” series. Sometimes I am not sure how to refer to the 2 different Axis & Allies product lines.

• '19 Moderator

I didn’t mean it as a negative, I am just used to the size of the planes in the Mini’s, I haven’t seen the new sets yet, so I can’t say how they are scale wise.  I am sure yours would play just fine.  For one thing there generaly aren’t that many planes on the field at one time.

They are nice by the way.

• Not to worry, it wasnt taken as a negative. Over in the “other” forums “scale” is kind of an issue. And an issue that a lot can not agree on.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m