Mobilizing New Units - CV/Fig

• In the Mobilize New Units section (page 22) of the AaA:Revised Rulebook the last sentence in the left colomn states the following:

However, fighters can enter play on newly built aircraft carriers.

That means I had purchased 1 or 2 Fig and a CV and when I mobilize those units I can place them in a seazone boardering my IC with the Fig on the CV.

It then goes on to later say the following:

Newly built carriers can enter play with fighters aboard, whether those fighters were built this turn or were already in the territory containing the industrial complex.

That means if I had a fighter that was landed at the end of my non combat phase in my country with the IC I can move that fighter to the newly built seazone containing the CV? Cou’dn’t that potentially have moved the fighter 5 spaces? (2 out on combat and 2 back on noncombat, then place new CV and move the fighter to the CV).

Also, I thought I remember reading a gameplay where Germany built a CV on G1 and a fighter was going to land on it althought it went 3 moves on its combat to Karelia and 1 move on its noncombat to Sz5 and was said to land on newly built carrier.

So my ? really is, can a fighter end its non combat move in a seazone if you have purchased a CV and plan to place it in that seazone?  To me that doesn’t seem right because you have to finish all noncombat moves before you place new units.

Or is this a difference in the OOB rules and LHTR?

• 2007 AAR League

@OneShot187:

That means if I had a fighter that was landed at the end of my non combat phase in my country with the IC I can move that fighter to the newly built seazone containing the CV? Cou’dn’t that potentially have moved the fighter 5 spaces? (2 out on combat and 2 back on noncombat, then place new CV and move the fighter to the CV).

Once you end your noncombat move landing a fighter on a territory, it stays there regardless of whether you purchased a CV.

See next question regarding purchasing a CV.

@OneShot187:

Also, I thought I remember reading a gameplay where Germany built a CV on G1 and a fighter was going to land on it althought it went 3 moves on its combat to Karelia and 1 move on its noncombat to Sz5 and was said to land on newly built carrier.

Purchasing a CV allows a sea zone landing opportunity for existing fighters or purchased fighters.  The sea zone must be adjacent to an IC.

The existing fighters must be able to hover in that sea zone (adjenct to the IC) with no more than 4 total moves (both combat and noncombat movement), knowing that the CV purchased will be placed in that sea zone during mobilize units.

@OneShot187:

So my ? really is, can a fighter end its non combat move in a seazone if you have purchased a CV and plan to place it in that seazone?  To me that doesn’t seem right because you have to finish all noncombat moves before you place new units.

Yes, you are correct, it can end it’s noncombat move in a sea zone, knowing that a purchased CV will be placed there during mobilize units.

@OneShot187:

Or is this a difference in the OOB rules and LHTR?

I know there are differences in OOB and LHTR, however, I’m not sure on this one.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I could be wrong, but the out of box rules say you can move a fighter from the land the IC is on to the new carrier.  It is the LHTR that requires you to move the fighter to the sea zone the carrier is to be built in during non-combat moves.

• In out of box rules the fighter has to be in the territory building the AC.

In LHTR the fighter has to be in the sea zone that the new AC will be built in.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Thanks for the confirmation.

• Cool.  Thanks for everyone’s help with this topic!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m