Can air units fight in more than one battle on a turn?

• So forgive me all these years but Ive alawys thought that planes could attack in more than one battle if they survived the first battle and had enough spaces left to move…please clarify thanks

• No unit may fight in more than one battle per turn.

• Omg….thanks  :-o  ive been playin the wrong way since 1987!! Huge rule missed! Ive alawys had surviving air units from battle 1# fly along to battle 2# & fight there as well…wow…( I know all battles happen at same time but didnt realize this part)knew they couldnt go sea& land but thought land& land was ok.woops

• You’ve been playing wrong for twenty-five years?

• lol.  I was thinking the exact same thing!  20 some odd years.

I’m trying to imagine how I’d ever have played for that long given the huge impact the way you were playing would have had on each game.

• @Hepps01:

lol.  I was thinking the exact same thing!  20 some odd years.

I’m trying to imagine how I’d ever have played for that long given the huge impact the way you were playing would have had on each game.

I’m just surprised that he didn’t run into anyone who set him straight. I wonder what his usual partners are going to have to say about this.

• Also true.

However I can see it happening easily enough.  Generally as a rule when you learn a game like this with a group of friends only one person (the purchaser) reads the rules (remember I am saying generally).  Form there everyone else tends to learn from him/her (her! lol).  Firmly established misinterpretations of rules could easily be played out for the remainder of their gatherings.  Unless you reach out to find others you could potentially play on forever using the same wrong rule.

• Yep. That is a good point and it happened to me with a different game. I remember in our group when we were playing the old Decipher Star Wars CCG. Someone said it worked like so and had convinced someone else and hence the rest of the group (five or so of us.) I argued that that made no sense for it to work like that. That they were wrong. Pointed it out in the rulebook (I always read the rulebook even if it isn’t my game,) explained why it working like that would be terrible game design, but was overruled.

So we play for about a month like this until someone else comes in and points out that I was in fact correct. “Did I not sit in that chair and say exactly the same thing?” I think they didn’t really care which way was right so much as that I be wrong.

I’m still waiting on my apologies but considering how when played correctly I started crushing everyone I’m not surprised they weren’t forthcoming.

The OP is lucky with his newfound knowledge though. He got new A&A games this week.

• You guys are awesome…what a difference a rule makes.

• @tytyboogie:

You guys are awesome…what a difference a rule makes.

Game plays a bit differently does it?  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m