• I’m a newbie with a question . . .

My friends at college talked about Axis & Allies, so I’ve decided to buy it. No problem, right?

Except, I’ve found out there are four versions of the game . . .

So my question is, what are the differences? Which ones are recommended? Any help is appreciated; no flames please, they don’t help and are not appreciated :evil:.

• Personally, I would recommend buying the original Axis and Allies first and then later on you can move to the variants… just my two cents. The main difference is the obvious one - the original covers the entire war and the other two cover specific theatres.

However, all three are fun - the smartest move would be to find out which ones your friends have and buy the one they don’t!

Also, you will find that these Forums are one of the most mature on the web - 95% flame free!

[ This Message was edited by: Ansbach on 2002-06-11 12:28 ]

• I second AB’s suggestion.
    However, you said four variations.
    Is one World at War or an A&A Expansion set? Or might it be an enlarged version of A&A? I have friends who have seen all of these, but I have never seen the enlarged version(I understand the countries are split even more than in the original A&A).
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whichever you choose, enjoy yourself. Come chat again if you have any Questions. - Xi

• Definitely. Axis and Allies is a great “starter set” due to its simplicity in rules and minimalist of the game board overall, which is a major bonus to any rookie player. Once you conquered that game, did your nails into Boerke´s European Large Map 1941. It’s a shame I missed out on that gem! :wink:

• Thanks for the advice! The origional is is, then.

When I spoke of the “four” variations, it was because there were four strategy sections on the axisandallies.org webpage, and I’ve been told for the past month that different variations of the game exist.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m