Can Germany win without Africa?

• 2007 AAR League

It’s nice though to have Japan in Novo and Anglo E on J6… But a few more Inf would have been good.

• 2018 2017 '16 '11 Moderator

Well, that all depends. 🙂  8 Armor on G1, 8 Armor on G2 and you’ll be rolling through Russians like a searing hot knife through butter.  Although, the Brits and the Americans will be landing in France and wondering where all the Germans are.

• @Jennifer:

Well, that all depends. 🙂  8 Armor on G1, 8 Armor on G2 and you’ll be rolling through Russians like a searing hot knife through butter.  Although, the Brits and the Americans will be landing in France and wondering where all the Germans are.

Of course, it isn’t QUITE so simple, but I believe that 8 tanks on G1 and G2 peters out against Moscow.  The Allies just have too much power too quickly, with UK attack on Baltic German fleet on UK1 plus 3 fighter build, followed by Allied transports to the German coast, followed by bleeding off of German strength through the Norway/Archangel/Eastern Europe route.

If the Germans continue to produce tanks, they cannot defend against the Allied attack.  If the Germans switch to infantry, the attack against Moscow peters out.  If the Germans split their income between infantry and tanks, then the German attack on Moscow is at reduced strength while the Allied attack on German territory still overpowers the German defense.

• 2007 AAR League

I’ve been building primarily Inf with 1 or 2 tanks each round on avg. Rushing headlong for Mos got me solidly into Caucasus but Mos is too fortified to crack, and US/UK are starting to land serious units in Norway / Karelia / E. Europe so Germany will have to concentrate on the homefront.

Fortunately the IC in Caucasus (and Jap ICs in India and FIC) mean the supply line is less vital. Also, Japan just recaptured 8 IPCs of land in Africa for the Axis.

I think a rush for Moscow is a risky strategy no matter what, but esp. without extra income from Africa. If you can get Caucasus though and Japan is already nearby that’s decent.

20th Anniversary Give Away

In January 2000 this site came to life and now we're celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a prize giveaway of 30+ prizes. See this link for the list of prizes and winners.
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys
T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.5m