???I it possible to win with the Allies??? Please tell me!!!

• There are a few keys to winning as the Allies.

1. before the game even starts all 3 Allies have to focus on 1 Axis power.  IMHO Germany should be the target.  Rarely is there a game where Japan isn’t a juggernaut, so pick on Germany and force them to defend.
    2. When the US isn’t landing waves of troops in Western Europe they need to be sending troops to Africa to secure UK IPC.

The Allies are harder to win with because they have to work together where the Axis don’t rely so heavily on teamwork.  However once you get a naval infrastructure secured there isn’t much the Germans can do.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Germany can try the old building 12 infantry a round deal and walking over corpses to Moscow.  But that’s a one trick pony.  You break their lines just once, and you’ve forced a 3 round retreat for them.  (1 to retake whatever they lost, 1 to rebuild and 1 to move forward past where htey were before.)

the trick is to have england attack first.  then America can attack the stack before it can be reinforced then, if necessary, russia can attack or reinforce America before Germany can even move again.  Rebuild.  do it again.

Get to Berlin before he can get to Moscow.  Try not to loose Caucasus since he’ll then have an IC next to your capital, a nightmare but not impossible to recover from.  And by all the gods of the dice, you have GOT to keep Japan reeling and advancing slowely!  it’s possible!

I’m in a game right now where I’ve kept Russia at or above their starting income 7 rounds in a row.  Meanwhile, Japan’s been thrown back wave after wave after wave for minimal losses by the Russians. (think this is the first round I’m actually in danger of loosing a tank.)

Of course, Germany has started her last desperate attack on Russia.  Doing the old wave o infantry thing.  But htat’s what you have Engish and American infantry for.  get those transports going.  Brition can dump 8 units a round into Karelia/Archangelsk or Finland/Norway every round.  America should be at 8-12 a round either into Finland/Norway or Karelia/Archangelsk  OR  Ukraine/Caucasus by way of Africa.  (that’s only 4-6 transports per set, 2 sets for America)

This isn’t that hard.

Also, read your opponents.  If you think you can tie them up in worthless territories, do it.  The Axis do not have the units to spare for arms races in out of the way fronts. (Ahem, like Egypt, Union of South Africa, etc.)  If you can stage troops there and tie up their units, all the better.

• He leaves minimal men in W.Europe and S. Europe because he has overwhelming force the next turn to get it back so he realisticly don’t lose money. Me and my bro tried to land UK in Western E/ than fly 6 fighters(U.S) and some of their ground units to stop Germany from retaking it.

Then I feel it is quite feasible to beat your uncle if all he does is build mainly tanks + 1 fighter here and there. What you’re going to want to do is take out his navy and take Norway with the UK on the first round, provided he doesn’t have his fighters within range to kill your navy. After Norway is taken, just keep landing as much as you can in W. Europe. This will take the pressure off of Russia in a jiffy. He can’t use his 8 tanks per turn both to take W. Europe back as well as invade Russia. At first the landings may seem ineffectual since it’s just the UK, but after a few turns the landings grow substantial because of the US, and it should no longer be economical for him to retake W. Europe. After that, S. Europe falls, and things collapse for the Germans.

If you can’t land in W. Europe, then just take it slow and mass troops in Karelia to protect the Russian’s northern flank until the US comes. A joint defense of Russia and UK together should be more than enough to stop the Germans from taking Moscow. Once you’re ready then march towards Germany with masses of troops.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m