• Founder TripleA Admin

I just put up a new article on the website: Using Aircraft

Feel free to post your comments here.

• @djensen:

I just put up a new article on the website: Using Aircraft

Feel free to post your comments here.

Nice article on how to use aircraft effectively.  However, I still dont know how to use airfract.  I am lost when I use them.  When do you place them on the board?  Does it matter what way the plane faces etc?  Im still rather new to AAM so I need to learn this stuff.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Try this link: http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/AAMEX2_Chcklst.pdf

It has the rules for aircraft. Read it a few times and then get back to us.

• I had actually thought most of this was obvious, until I kept reading about people complaining that their planes kept dying… because they stuck them in the middle of the enemy army.Â

It’s also a good point with the Sturmoviks; the only time I’ve seen Superior Armour come into play was against a Bofors, otherwise yes it’s just shot down by multiple attacks.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Now this is why I’m trying to get articles, any articles for the web site. Here, my philosophy is the useful articles the better. They don’t have to be super inciteful all of the time just useful to somebody, anybody.

I’m thinking that the people that have good insight into the game aren’t the only ones reading the articles. There are definitely more beginners and intermediates out there than advanced players. Or even if you are in general an advanced player of strategy games, even then if you don’t play a lot of games you miss learning opportunities.

@Der:

I had actually thought most of this was obvious, until I kept reading about people complaining that their planes kept dying… because they stuck them in the middle of the enemy army.

• Okay now I know how the whole airplanes thing works. Thx for the article jensen!  :lol:

Now to get myself a Sturmovich.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m