Contested Land Zones and Other Stuff

• Hello everyone,

I think having contested land zones, with perhaps 3 rounds of battle per turn per zone, would add a nice layer of depth to this game. It would be similar to how Axis and Allies D-Day would do it.

Perhaps there could be a supply limit to each zone and the attacker/defender would suffer debuffs if they went over the cap. Factories or forts could increase the supply limit, or something like that. I won’t go into depth cause it’s 99% not gonna happen but I think it’s a cool idea.

The allowance of enemy combatants remaining in the same zone even at the end of the combat phase (contested zone) could allow for interesting frontlines. The 3 battle limit would allow for armoured units to still utilize the blitz as well.

Furthermore, planes could have to be stationed in airbases and could make multiple sorties during their attack and defence phases depending on their range. So for example, a plane based at an airbase within range of 2 zones being attacked could partake in both battles assuming that the plane survives the initial battle(s).

Another idea would be to allow subs and bombers to be put into a strategic war box that abstractly represents convoy raiding and strategic bombing. The units would not be on the map and could not partake in battle whilst in the strategic war box, and perhaps even be forced into that box and not allowed to be on the board.

To do any of these I believe that incomes would have to be adjusted to be higher, or the turns would have to be put down to 3 month ticks.

These are just random ideas that you can tear apart or add to. None of them are fully fleshed and I haven’t considered any balancing issues.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m