• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Not going to be as extensive as my initial report, as the hotfix itself was pretty minor. Did discover a new bug though that’s pretty important.

• The gameplay feels a great deal faster now compared to before, thanks for listening on that one.

• The issue with the zooming I think is gone? Haven’t noticed it today.

• The God-awful “offline mode/online mode” prompts are gone as well, which is great.

• No changes with the AI, so that’s something that will need to be dealt with later.

• I totally forgot that you’ve slightly altered the core ruleset to not allow Allied Carriers to house your Fighters. It’s mildly annoying since a large part of my Allied strategy is to have a Fighter Conga Line from US East Coast -> one of the UK Sea Zones -> Moscow/West Russia/wherever. If you’re sticking with the ruleset change it’s whatever, but I’d prefer a 100% accurate simulation of the OOB Rules, since we’re not changing the setup to help the Allies at all.

Anyway, the bug I noticed:

I play as USA and try to buy 2 carriers. During the Noncombat Move Phase, I have moved Fighters to the Sea Zones off the US East and West Coasts. During the Place Units phase, I attempt to place my Carriers, one in each Sea Zone. However, upon placing the first Carrier, the Sea Sea Zone that wasn’t the one I initially placed in greys-out as if I can’t place units there anymore (but the Sea Zone I just placed the Carrier in remains eligible). What this means is that I am prevented from making the perfectly legal move of placing one Aircraft Carrier in each of the Sea Zones that USA can place in. Bizarrely, this doesn’t seem to happen for other unit types, just Aircraft Carriers in particular. Additionally, placing the first Aircraft Carrier, closing the game, reopening the game, undoing my first Aircraft Carrier placement, and placing it again fixes the issue for whatever reason. I suspect there may be a bug in the code that defines which territories a power is allowed to place units in, but that’s just a guess.

Still haven’t played that PVP game yet, but will get back to you on that shortly I hope.

Again, going to post this over on steam for additional conversation.

Thanks for pushing out an update on such short notice.

• Thanks for the feedback!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Slight updates that I forgot to type out last night:

• The Zooming issue is not fixed completely. It still revert to maximum zoom at the start of the following phases:
      • Combat (and after each individual battle, which is annoying).
      • Mobilization (along with snapping the camera to the capital of the current player, which is annoying when you’re playing as a country like UK, that has factories in London and India).

I did start a multiplayer game last night, and that all works fine. Dice roll a bit slowly compared to offline play, but that’s probably because the online mode uses dice servers or some sort of anti-cheat mechanism.

• @DoManMacgee said in Day 2 Feedback (Post Hotfix):

I did start a multiplayer game last night, and that all works fine. Dice roll a bit slowly compared to offline play, but that’s probably because the online mode uses dice servers or some sort of anti-cheat mechanism.

Perhaps the dice servers are why, but regularly I have issues where it takes 10-15 seconds to move units because of the absurd lag. Move inf, wait 10 secs, move inf, wait 10 secs, repeat. It seems like quitting the game and restarting helps and this is actually quicker than waiting when you have a lot of moves.

Lag is a major issue IMO, even today (8/2)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m