• @quintin I expect to lose the opening battle when Russia attacks with 12 units in West Russia and 9 in Ukraine. However it is the extent of the loss. When you see time after time zero units lost or one unit lost in West Russia and then Ukraine where there is a fighter parked as well as a tank you see one unit or two units lost by Russians it makes you wonder. I cannot attack Trans jordan where there is one guy without taking a casualty by that infantry if I take it at all. Japan’s opening attack on Anwhei when do you ever take it without a casualty as Axis? The hit rate of defending infantry is amazing, that is except for Russia turn 1 when the Wermacht must be sitting around smoking and joking as Mother Russia steams in.

As I have said time and time again when the hit rate for defending infantry exceeds or approaches the hit rate for tanks, and fighters there is a problem. In a multiple round battle, trading territory thing, I cannot tell you how many opening round rolls that every fighter will miss. The next round one or two hit, and then when the battle is all said or done, and you are not taking the territory because you just lost your last infantry, every fighter will hit. It happens time and time again. Tanks and fighters do not hit their weight, and forget about battleships who cant seem to hit a damn thing.

• @quintin We talked in another thread were I had asked for advice on Russia stacking Ukraine. One of the things you had mentioned was attacking Egypt with the bomber, which in past seasons if the situation had presented I would always attempt. It is a battle that the probability favors the Germans according to the calculator. Usually it was a battle that I won, and early in the game thats a significant battle because it rids Africa of some significant United Kingdom land power as well as the fighter which hampers a counterattack on the German battleship or an attack on the Japanese fleet on UK turn 1. This season (season 4) that situation has arisen 4 times, because lets be honest the German bomber rarely survives turn 1 (and I have it gone first in that opening russia attack). 4 times I have made that assault with 2 german infantry, one arty, one tank and one bomber. Every attempt this season with that attack has failed miserably and in each one on round 1 everything missed with the German but one, and in succeeding defensive rolls my force is wiped out in one round of rolls.

Another observation this season was the amphibious assault on Transjordan that is the usual German turn 1 attack. This season that attack has failed for me at more than 50 percent where in proceeding seasons its won a majority of the time.

• ec4fd219-a66c-4899-9337-a64ccc6477ad-image.png

Yup nothing wrong at all LOL North Sea attack where my fighters and cruisers did not record a hit in three rounds of rolling

• d6f7fda8-7241-436a-b553-dd83cec67b27-image.png

• This game and the dice never fail to amaze me. Please let my fighters hit with near the success rate of defending infantry

8f371a02-db02-404d-b01a-db0333e46ff2-image.png

• 6bb2bd4e-e77b-4fd3-b04f-bbc88d87d6d7-image.png

• What’s not shown I believe is the last round where every Brit unit hit, wiping out two attacking infantry and a fighter. Lose battle, dont take territory (France), lose a precious fighter and most likely the game

• 380d884e-272b-4175-9428-961782b92ae0-image.png

11 Infantry 11 Arty, 5 hits. 22 percent hit rate

5 tanks 3 fighters 1 hit. 12 percent hit rate

• @brian-cannon a4bae064-63d6-41ea-aaec-a306d592fc98-image.png

32 infantry 4 arty on defense 16 hits. 44% hit rate

• I am closing this topic now. We have this topic
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/34180/prng-dice-support-group-and-ranting/
    for collecting exemplary dice results.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m