QUESTION ON HOW TANKS CAN MOVE VIA TRASNPORT

• Hello all,

Newbie question here about how tanks can move, which I think is best explained by example. The example given uses the original style game board

Say at the start of my USA turn I have a tank in Eastern USA and a Transport in the sea around UK. Is it legal to move the transport directly West to the sea adjacent to Eastern Canada, load the tank by sending it up through Eastern Canada and then onto the transport, to then be transported back to UK or to Norway/Finland? Or am I not allowed to send a tank from Eastern USA to Eastern Canada and then have it load onto a transport in the sea adajcent to Eastern Canada?

Thanks!

• @Goli1:

Hello all,

Newbie question here about how tanks can move, which I think is best explained by example. The example given uses the original style game board

Say at the start of my USA turn I have a tank in Eastern USA and a Transport in the sea around UK. Is it legal to move the transport directly West to the sea adjacent to Eastern Canada, load the tank by sending it up through Eastern Canada and then onto the transport, to then be transported back to UK or to Norway/Finland? Or am I not allowed to send a tank from Eastern USA to Eastern Canada and then have it load onto a transport in the sea adajcent to Eastern Canada?

Thanks!

So, it seems to me that you are asking whether or not a tank can move from one territory to another (in this case, from Eastern USA to Eastern Canada) before being loaded onto a transport and being sent on to either the UK or to Finway (Finland/Norway). The answer is no, that is not a legal move.

@Axis:

Armor:
    How They Move:
    At Sea-1 tank can board 1 transport ship and be transported as many as 2 sea zones to attack an enemy-occupied coastal land territory or island for an amphibious assault. In this kind of attack, boarding and landing of tanks is all part of the legal move. Just as in transporting infantry, it would be illegal for tanks to move 1 land territory, before or after boarding and landing (even though tanks can normally move on land 2(sic) adjacent territories, the boarding and landing counts as the tank’s full move!).

Emphasis mine

And that’s where the rule book says that you can’t do that.

If you are attempting to set up a shuck-shuck to Europe from North America, you need to think three turns ahead: Buy the pieces and place them on the Eastern US on turn 1; move the pieces from Eastern US to Eastern Canada on turn 2; move the pieces via transport on turn 3. And that’s how you do that.

If that doesn’t answer your question, or if I misunderstood what question you were actually asking, feel free to clarify.

-Midnight_Reaper

• That answers it, thanks for the reply.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m