• Lol i can’t, i’m only 16 hahaha. I really wanna win though so he’ll shut up finally

• @otahere34:

Lol i can’t, i’m only 16 hahaha. I really wanna win though so he’ll shut up finally

Well you cannnn

• @otahere34:

This weekend, my playgroup and I will be having a gigantic match, maybe two if we have the time. I was playing as the U.S. and want some pointers.

By the way, which ever side wins this match has bragging rights over the other for a long time. I really want to shut up the German player because we never finish a game and he always boasts he can conquer america.

Allow (or pretend to) his wish then. Dare Germany to invade North America and build and mass everything on the Pacific for the initial rounds to lure him. If he falls for it and actually sends a fleet you can still have some time to prepare and for your Allies to take advantage of Germany being distracted. Of course, some of your team members may consider this strat as suicidal…

• He always says after he takes Moscow, then London, but I’m hoping i can get into Europe and stick a sword in his side before he can move to take either.

• Sponsor

@otahere34:

He always says after he takes Moscow, then London, but I’m hoping i can get into Europe and stick a sword in his side before he can move to take either.

You should play each other in a one on one for bragging rights instead of a group game, because you are so fixated on the German player, your opponents will use that against you to draw American units and income away from the pacific. If you want to beat the German player in a game like this, you should have taken the UK.

• Bomb him Bomb him and Bomb him    Did I say Bomb him also sink that German Navy
      You may need the dice Gods to be on your side. Try distracting him when its his turn  funny jokes stupid questions, quotes from dumb and dumber etc. if you catch my drift

• make him drink lot’s of beer:)

• @jim010:

Drink lots of beer.  Then his bragging will just be a drone.

Good advice, very very good advice :)

(except, yes, you may lose when drunk)

Edit: come to think of it, i have always found my opponents to be very generous with beer,

• Customizer

@Hobbes:

Allow (or pretend to) his wish then. Dare Germany to invade North America and build and mass everything on the Pacific for the initial rounds to lure him. If he falls for it and actually sends a fleet you can still have some time to prepare and for your Allies to take advantage of Germany being distracted. Of course, some of your team members may consider this strat as suicidal…

Yeah, that can really work for the Allies.  In one game, I was playing Germany and decided to try something new.  I massed up a fleet like I was going Sealion then on G3, I moved it all down to SZ 91 after the Italians took Gibraltar.  Next step:  The US East Coast.  Japan was supposed to hit the West Coast right after to keep America from re-taking the capital.  This plan could have worked if it was done right.
    First, it took me 2 rounds to capture Paris.  As a result, I only had 7 transports instead of 10 and was severly weak in land units, had to take a few from the Eastern Front.  Then the timing was screwed up between Germany and Japan.  Japan was actually a round behind because they had to land in British Columbia first.  Also, even with limited builds for US while still neutral, they managed to stack up a pretty large amount on E. US.  My invasion force got pounded into mush on the beach.  Although the Jap Navy did wipe out the US Navy in the Pacific, it took a heavy toll and the Jap Army ran into a brick wall in the W. US.  So, the US planes had a field day killing my navy.  Next round they went after the leftovers of the Jap Navy and killed them too.
    Meanwhile, it’s Round 4.  After stacking troops to prevent a feared Sealion, the Brits bought transports and supported all those infantry with fighters and started landing in Europe.  The Russians were having a great time rolling over my border forces because I simply wasn’t able to put enough there while trying to take out Washington.  In the Pacific, the Indian and ANZAC navies were rubbing out the few pitiful Jap ships left in the area and taking island bases while the Chinese, with some British help, were busy eradicating the Japanese land forces.  It was not a pretty picture for the Axis.
    The point I’m making is if Germany tries coming after America first, and everything doesn’t go just right, Germany can really get trounced by all the allies.  Then you, as USA, can laugh heartily.

• If he doesn’t do sealion before a war with Russia starts, use your air force to prevent it from ever happening. Also build a huge assault force to take out Italy (by far the weakest axis,) and plunder from them. This force can soon be used in liberating France. Make sure you do it before Germany can take out Moscow, so it is indeed like a race based on time. Also make sure that Japan doesn’t get too excited, but remember. If the Japanese player seems to not be interested in Russia and if you can build a navy to hold him back whatever Japan does is useless. Japan takes over China, ANZAC, and Pacific British income. Who cares? The Allies need to capture all the capitals, not all the cities. Like I said take out Rome then slowing lead to the fall of Berlin, then do some damage control in the Pacific and build a force to take out Japan. Also have the other allies to build planes to fly around and hit Japanese stuff, either their troops or boats.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m