Allies Bid - What is the average bid going right now?

• I know this discussion comes up constantly, but I wanted to see what the going numbers are for an allied bid and sort of compile an average for use in my next game. We have been playing the regular OOB rules and no bids for a while now, and it took us this long to realize that the Axis have a massive advantage in the game.

If anyone can shoot over what they are using for bids to the Allies and which nation is receiving the bulk of that bid, it would help me and my play group out a lot.

Thanks!

• Tutor game?

• @Xlome_00 said in Allies Bid - What is the average bid going right now?:

Tutor game?

A learning game or if you wish a teaching game. We are discussing the moves and explaining why we are moving as we are. Plus the World is providing input to one side.

• So much depends on how much you use battle calculators which favor the Axis since they are in control of the major gameplay options. If you are playing a live board game, I don’t think that you need to go all the way up to 50. A 20-40 point Axis advantage is plenty in most games.

Each “bad” player requires at least another 40 PU bid to compensate for his weakness if you want to have a “fair” match.

• Another question…Are they Allies able to use their bids anywhere they want?

For example, Russia puts all its bid units down on the eastern front?

Or say America gets all the bid money and puts it all down in Hawaii with more naval units?

Are there any common house rules as to how/where you place those bid dollars down?

• @Xlome_00

This is the default Bid Rules per the League Rules:

4b Bidding - Bidding is normally used to ensure that both players are satisfied with the side they are playing. Bidding is not required - whatever the players agree to, for mutually satisfactory rules and starting conditions, is allowed.
    Default settings for bidding:

1. Limit one bid unit in a territory or sea zone.
    2. The nation placing a unit in a territory or sea zone must have started with a unit in said territory or sea zone prior to placing the bid.
    3. China is limited to bid units of: Infantry, Artillery and/or Fighters (the units China is legally able to purchase or start the game with.) These units are still limited to movement/placement restrictions of Chinese units.

They can be found here under “2019 League Rules (and beyond)”

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/28660/2019-league-rules-and-beyond

Note - Any Bid Rules can be used if both Players agree to it. For example in my gaming group we only allow purchasable units for China so a fighter would not be allowed as per League Rules. In addition some people here seem to like to place an ANZAC infantry in New Guinea even though no unit exists there to start the game.

• Yup, the default League rules make so much sense. If you don’t have these limits, there are so cheesy ways to use the bid:

1. enough units on France or Yunnan that they can’t be attacked easily on the first round
    2. units in hard-to-reach spots like PNG or British Guiana

You certainly can have house rules if the opponent agrees, but you might start bickering as inevitably someone finds a way to break the game.

• Thanks so much for the input everyone.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m