• If any one can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

I would like to know how to play online through forums I have looked around on this site for a while and I noticed you needed a battle map, what do I download to make one of these?

I also see these purplish quote boxes how do I make those?

And I am fairly new at this game and I have played a few games with some friends and I need some rules clarified. For a transport the rules talk about it’s max capacity and that is clear to me but the way we play is that you MUST have an infantry to be able to load a tank or artillery, is this the case or can you simply just transport one tank without any infantry and be done?
    Also for submarines do they get a surprise strike and a main strike (without a destroyer present) or is it just one or the other?

Some help would mean a lot to me.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Violent.copper!

@Violent.copper:

I would like to know how to play online through forums I have looked around on this site for a while and I noticed you needed a battle map, what do I download to make one of these?

I’ll leave this one for someone more familiar with the process than I am.

@Violent.copper:

When you respond to someone’s post, push the “quote” button in the upper right-hand corner rather than the “reply” button.  You can also do them manually using the same codes.

@Violent.copper:

And I am fairly new at this game and I have played a few games with some friends and I need some rules clarified. For a transport the rules talk about it’s max capacity and that is clear to me but the way we play is that you MUST have an infantry to be able to load a tank or artillery, is this the case or can you simply just transport one tank without any infantry and be done?

You can always transport less than the transport’s maxuimum capacity, so loading a single land unit of any type is fine.

@Violent.copper:

Also for submarines do they get a surprise strike and a main strike (without a destroyer present) or is it just one or the other?

Subs only fire once per round, so if they get a Surprise Strike they don’t get to fire again later in the round.

• @Paulzy:

So yes. A transport may carry just 1 tank.

@Violent.copper:

When you respond to someone’s post, push the “quote” button in the upper right-hand corner rather than the “reply” button.  You can also do them manually using the same codes.

@Violent.copper:

You can always transport less than the transport’s maxuimum capacity, so loading a single land unit of any type is fine.

@Violent.copper:

Subs only fire once per round, so if they get a Surprise Strike they don’t get to fire again later in the round.

Thanks guys that helps me alot I am excited to play on this site!

• I have one last question about transports and then I think I am good.
    Example: Can a infantry or tank move from west canda 1 space to East load and then be transported all in the same turn, so as a starting move if the sz1 transport is still alive can it on U.K 1 move a tank and Infantry due to the fact that the infantry can move within loading range or does it have to wait a turn to load?  :?

and again thanks for the help so far :-D

• Official Q&A

A land unit must use its entire movement allowance to load into and/or unload from a transport, so it can neither move before loading nor after unloading.

• @Krieghund:

A land unit must use its entire movement allowance to load into and/or unload from a transport, so it can neither move before loading nor after unloading.

Thank you! :-D

• @Violent.copper:

You can download the most popular forum playing program ABattlemap by registering at www.flames-of-europe.de/ then going to their download page. If you’d rather not register, send me a private message with your email and I can pass on the ABattlemap installer by attaching it to an email. Right now, I’m juggling a few different games but another time I might be up for a game.

TripleA is another good program for A&A and can be downloaded here. http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

You can learn how to download maps for TripleA here. http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/Forum

• @Fleetwood:

@Violent.copper:

You can download the most popular forum playing program ABattlemap by registering at www.flames-of-europe.de/ then going to their download page. If you’d rather not register, send me a private message with your email and I can pass on the ABattlemap installer by attaching it to an email. Right now, I’m juggling a few different games but another time I might be up for a game.

TripleA is another good program for A&A and can be downloaded here. http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

You can learn how to download maps for TripleA here. http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/Forum

Thank you, and I downloaded it now but I can’t see west US and some of the sea zones in the area, i hit view and list units and it says they’re there but my map doesn’t show them, any advice?

• Did you download tripe a or abattlemap?  Because at least for abattlemap you have to scroll to the right to see the West US and scroll down to see the status part of the map.  If you right-click and drag in abattlemap it lets you scroll around the whole map.

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

Did you download tripe a or abattlemap?  Because at least for abattlemap you have to scroll to the right to see the West US and scroll down to see the status part of the map.  If you right-click and drag in abattlemap it lets you scroll around the whole map.

Ok i got the abattlemap and I did the right click and drag now and i got it, Thanks SilverAngelSurfer

• No problem, just started here myself not long ago.

• is seazpne 63 supposed to touch western canada? because on the hard copy it doesn’t.

• Make sure you have the “Axis & Allies 1942” map chosen in abattlemap (from the New tab), because the “Axis & Allies Revised” map is exactly the same (with the same pieces starting), except that in Revised z63 DOES touch Western Canada, while in 1942 they have the map fade out into white so that z63 DOES NOT touch Western Canada.  In abattlemap, the 1942 version map shows a white block labeled “Frozen Perry Channel” to show that z63 does not touch.

In different versions of Axis & Allies, they sometimes had the Perry Channel open, in which case z63 touched Western Canada; and sometimes they had the Perry Channel frozen, in which case z63 did not touch Western Canada.  The Revised map/setup and the 1942 map/setup are exactly the same except for this one important detail.

Short version:
    1942 = z63 does NOT touch WCan
    Revised = z63 DOES touch WCan

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m