Aggressive America - how to stop it?

• 2007 AAR League

@Jennifer:

No, I see your point in terms of Classic.  However, even so, it’s convenient to have an IC on the mainland for Japan in Classic not only to free up transports for battle fodder but also because tanks take up a whole transport by themselves.  Thus 1 IC can produce the transport capability of 3 transports if you build tanks.

ICs are a little more attractive a purchase if you plan on building lots of tanks, but

@Jennifer:

Devote everything else to IC’s and infantry to walk through Asia.

you are not planning on building any tanks so it is a false premise in this situation.

• 2007 AAR League

Don’t forget that trannies can pick up those infantry on the islands.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I may not be actively planning to buy tanks every round, but that does not mean I want to preclude the option.

• Lol why argue with Jennifer… She can’t admit she is wrong anyway, so why go over it a thousand times? Everybody knows transports are better than IC’s. Maybe on turn 4-5 you can start building IC’s to pump arms on the mainland.
    In KJF transports are even better than IC’s, because you see the US comming, so you can block them and stay at least ahead for 1 turn… So you can even buy 2 extra subs in the round before wich give you the perfect fodder to rape the US fleet. And Jen you forget the important lesson that if you can demolish more expensive units at low costs, while the enemy is not able to counter, this attack always must be executed.

So If I can kill the US fleet at the cost of a couple of transports I take that any day! The reason why? Because you don’t have to pressure the Russians as hard, because Germany can hold its own against Russia and England!

• BTW

Ethics and Morals
    Jennifer: 1
    Administrators: 0

What BS is that?

Wow Bashir, just let your hatred spew forth.  Sheesh.

Transports are better huh?  Would you prefer to pay 13 IPC to get that tank from Japan to Manchuria or 5 IPC?  Yea, thought so.  Go sit in your corner and figure it out.

• I’m new to the forum, but after reading this thread I wonder why no one brought up blending in a couple subs
    into the Japanese fleet. I don’t think you can support an IC AND transports with Japan in classic, nor should you want to, at least early on.
    But if you lose your fleet you are done, plain and simple. The subs cost the same as transports and can be used as a buffer, or part of a fleet. They can attack and have better defensive capabilities then a transport. Since they only hit ships, the americans better beware of what they bring to the various battles. In short, buy subs!!!

• @ankmcfly:

I’m new to the forum, but after reading this thread I wonder why no one brought up blending in a couple subs
    into the Japanese fleet.

Because that would be stupid!

• @Bashir:

BTW

Ethics and Morals
    Jennifer: 1
    Administrators: 0

What BS is that?

Jen is “venting” because she deliberately, after being warned, violated the PD site rules and got a 1 week ban.  Since she cannot post there, she is expanding the discussion to anywhere she posts via her sig file.

Now, this is OFF TOPIC for this thread AND topic area, and no further discussion on this topic is to be made here (but I felt the question deserved an answer since asked here).

• '19 Moderator

@Jennifer:

Wow Bashir, just let your hatred spew forth.  Sheesh.

Transports are better huh?  Would you prefer to pay 13 IPC to get that tank from Japan to Manchuria or 5 IPC?  Yea, thought so.  Go sit in your corner and figure it out.

Well, I would rather pay 13 than 20…  :roll:

• 2007 AAR League

don’t forget either you have to purchase an AA or load a tranny for a turn brining an AA there.  That’s another 5 ipc.

This is all assuming that the Allied didn’t go for the Kwang Bang.  If Allied did go Kwang Bang with no Bid in Asia, then Japan is going to be hurting.

With a kwangbang it’s a moot issue, and they always go kwangbang!  Common now.  It’s such an over rated high risk maneuver too, but it’s done nearly 100% of the time in classic.  Rather annoying actually.  Cause the Allies cannot maintain the pressure without significant investments, and odds are, if it was done, Germany’s got 21-24 IPC worth of units to send after a stripped Russia now.

• _>>Aggressive America - how to stop it?<< _

Sorry, it’s a monster, it can’t be stopped.  :-P

_>>However, one of the people loves to play a REALLY aggressive America.<< _

replace the guy! :evil:

_>>Anyone have any suggestions?<<  _

Try maybe some of that oldfashioned “PSYOP” - a good clean family activity.  :roll:

• Lol Jennifer, you might wanna figure out why you lose so many games… Maybe because your strats and tactics are wrong… But you keep playing them and lose again…

As comment on your pretty onesided lame comment, transport are not for arms only! First you funnel inf over and get inf from your islands to the mainland. Like I stated before you can start buying IC’s on turn 4-5, because your inf is flowing to the mainland and with your extra IPC’s you can get that IC to start pumping arms. I actually don’t know why I am still trying to prove my point, while it is proven over and over again…

And to comment on that hatred part, you are absolutely right!

Bashir:

A)  I have a 90% win record on Classic, which is what we are discussing, and I almost never do the traditional infantry stack game until I’ve already won.

B)  You did not read what I said.  I said a transport can only carry 1 tank at a time.  I did not say they can only carry tanks.  I was pointing out that very significant and strong position of putting an IC in Manchuria for Japan allowing them to build 8 Infantry and 3 Armor (39 IPC, easily attained with Japan) per round.  Otherwise, you would need 3 transports (24 IPC) to move those 3 armor instead of 1 IC (15 IPC) to move the same armor.

C)  My AAR strategies are always off the wall.  However, in games that matter, I have a strong win/loss record, as you would know if you did any kind of legitamite research.

• LOL then you are not reading either “I was pointing out that very significant and strong position of putting an IC in Manchuria for Japan allowing them to build 8 Infantry and 3 Armor (39 IPC, easily attained with Japan) per round.” But the point is if you are proven wrong you always turn it so that you state something extra so your point should work…

That is in turn 4-5… exactly the turns I pointed out before…

Ow I didn’t do any research on your stats, but you lost badly vs the spacecrew, you lost against Jarmofoot and me and last but not least Avin pawned you twice! So that is 0-4 in your last games to back up your 90% win rate, you must have at least won 36 games and not losing one…

• Bashir, you must have missed the point made elsewhere that you cannot argue facts and statistics with Jen.  Her stats are always correct, her figures are always accurate, and she is the best player of both Classic and Revised on these boards… her strats always succeeding except when she has bad dice, or an opponent doing something strange (like trying to win)  :mrgreen:

• She makes good crumpets & tea at least. 8-)

• @Bashir:

LOL then you are not reading either “I was pointing out that very significant and strong position of putting an IC in Manchuria for Japan allowing them to build 8 Infantry and 3 Armor (39 IPC, easily attained with Japan) per round.” But the point is if you are proven wrong you always turn it so that you state something extra so your point should work…

That is in turn 4-5… exactly the turns I pointed out before…

Ow I didn’t do any research on your stats, but you lost badly vs the spacecrew, you lost against Jarmofoot and me and last but not least Avin pawned you twice! So that is 0-4 in your last games to back up your 90% win rate, you must have at least won 36 games and not losing one…

i think that DM and i beat her and DF once in classic, and she recently lost to Frood and i in revised.  But i’m not a very good player myself - at least i’ve lost my share of games.  (having said that, i do not argue against well established strategies based on my record)
    Oh - and this statement

I have a strong win/loss record, as you would know if you did any kind of legitamite research.

is amusing coming from someone who considers something that calls itself “The Canadian Free Press” a news source . . . . :mrgreen:

• oh yeah,
    and an aggressive America will happen.  Its just that instead of Germany having to deal with it, Japan does instead.  It’s not that unrealistic - It is pretty easy to clear Japan out of Pearl in the counter-attack if one so wishes.  So Japan builds an extra ftr or two, and has to expand more slowly than she otherwise would like to - as was mentioned - Germany has much more to play with.  An aware Germany should make use of this tactic to dominate Africa fairly easily, and shuttle more stuff to the front.  Speaking of fronts - the UK’s navy will have to tread very carefully without US naval backing.  Germany simply has to be aware.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m