Russia Restricted and Russia-Japanese Non-Aggression Pact. Opinions?

• Hello to all.

New to this site.

Long time AA player (I play my own kids who are teenagers now with the original MB version I bouight 20 years ago). Pleased to see this game is going strong.

Anyway I would like to hear of anyones opinion on balancing the game as follows.

Russia Restricted.
    Russia-Japanese Non-Aggression Pact (As outlined in Max’s Advanced Rules for Axis and Allies)

We have mixed in two hit BB’s for good measure.

This seems to allow the Germany a fair shot at keeping Russia off balance and a skilled Japanese player can focus on non-Russian Asia and the US in Pacific. At the same time Russia is not totally beaten in three turns or less because they are not fighting a two front war, initially anyway.

Anyway let me hear from ya.

Veni, Vidi, Mittere Arcus et Saggitam, now I am ready for my nap.

• this is the milton bradley version which does not have that as an option.

so i would post that in the revised AA section.

• We have played regular A&A with both of those changes, and many others. Russia has the advantage because they don’t have to worry about any borders but Germany. Germany unless real skilled usually gets crushed, while the Japanese role all over SE/SW Asia and usually begin to take Africa. Historically I understand, but it has not worked out well for the Axis in the game.
    Unless you require Japan and Russia to keep forces on the Manchurian border and if they violate that rule war would be triggered, Russia just brings all there forces West. And Japan moves there forces South.

• I feel like a Russia-Japan non aggression pact would make it too easy for Germany to be taken down.  The real battle of the game is whether or not Japan gets to Russia before everyone else gets to Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m