• Yet, with the Jap Fleet in SZ60/61, the force flow to Asia is still laregely uneffected…  at least until Japan’s income REALLY drops.  But that takes time, since while the US is gaining islands, Japan is gaining Asia.

All Japan has to do is maintian enough force to keep Russia’s income down, and a solid follow-up attack threat on Moscow.  With the US in the Pacific, Germany will be the one doing the 1 & 3 parts of the 1-2-3 punch.

• 2007 AAR League

what if Russia sends 1 fig to India carrier, UK joins up it´s fleet in SZ30 and builds a IC on Australia?  (and US all out Vs Japan)

• Then I send a wave of German land forces into Russia, NO naval purchases, and just overwhelm the Soviets in about 4 turns.

With a FIG gone, I may even take a stab at Caucuses on G1 while I reinvest Ukraine HEAVY, and stack in Karelia.

• Early force shifts in Europe have huge long term effects.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Switch,

I think you are making a gross error in your analysis.  America doesn’t have to protect them across the entire Pacific, just across the Bearing Straits into the Far Eastern States of Russia.

Once you eliminate Japan from the mainland by building a fleet so defensive they cannot hope to stop it, you can begin to worry about massing enough to defeat his fleet and taking islands.

• @Jennifer:

Once you eliminate Japan from the mainland by building a fleet so defensive they cannot hope to stop it,

how long will that take? and what is germany diong. if Japan  is super agressive then it doesn’t matter.

• Jen, see above where I psoted the speed with which the US can get to Asia…

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

All Japan has to do is maintian enough force to keep Russia’s income down, and a solid follow-up attack threat on Moscow.  With the US in the Pacific, Germany will be the one doing the 1 & 3 parts of the 1-2-3 punch.

I guess my strategies are a lot different then most people, when I attack Moscow there is no 1-2-3 punch, maybe a 1-2 punch but mostly just a 1 punch from Japan that wipes them out  :-D  but that’s how I plan it.

• 2007 AAR League

Same here.

• How does US counter Japan’s Pearl?

Simple answer:  KGF.

If you really want to go KJF, you either go Ssinkiang and Indian ICs, or you build Pacfleet on US1 threatening attack on Pearl US2 (Japan shouldn’t be strong enough to wipe out the US2 fleet), or you can try Alaska transport chain.  Buncha things you can do really.  I note you already mentioned the LRA option.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m