Couple of questions…
1. Are there UK ships still alive in SZ59? If so, I would NEVER buy 4 TRN and do Pearl Uber Heavy leaving 4 unguarded TRNs in either SZ60 or 61.
2. Is there a UK SUB in SZ45? If so, then I am not leaving unguarded TRNs in SZ60
3. UK BOM, where is it? Is it in range of either SZ60 or 61?
4. Where is the remainder of the UK Pacific and Indian fleets?
In short, under normal circumstances, I will not do “Pearl Uber Heavy” (including the SZ60 BB) unless the threat from UK forces (naval and air) is non-existent against my home waters. And even then, I am hesitant to send the BB from SZ60 to Pearl. If I do, it will be when:
1. No UK BOM threatens SZ61
2. No other UK naval threat exists.
And even then, a 4 TRN buy would only go in SZ61.
Any other UK units besides the bomber would be certain suicide for Japan.
Only units available for attack are the US ftr and bomber (always available USA) and the UK bomber.
And yes Bean… 50-50 is what I see in my dice sim as well.
Boils down to the allies trading a ftr and two bombers (maybe just one) for Japans first turn buy. Probably worth the risk…?