• @tekkyy:

Which US fighter and bomber are you talking about?

If the japanese haven’t attack Buryatia then the Hawaiian fighter and the bomber from EUS (via ECA, WCA, SZ63, SZ57) can attack at SZ 60 and land in Buryatia.
    It’s a very frustrating move if you see that at the first time (as japanese player, of course).  :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

It’s still worth it to try, even if there are 5 transports present in SZ 60.  Even with a solitary bomber.

• sinking Transports that arn’t ment to be fodder are always one of the best investments IMO… just hope you don’t get the poor luck i had a a few games back. i sent two German fighters against 2 UK transports that were bringing reinforcments into USSR; it had to be one of the worse millitary blunders in history, round 1, UK 2 hits, Germans 0. i was so mad. still won the game but it wasn’t due to Germany thats for sure.

Yea, I always seem to lose a bomber to any number of transports over 2 (in other words 3 or more transports.)

• @Croggyl:

…bomber from EUS (via ECA, WCA, SZ63, SZ57) can attack at SZ 60 and land in Buryatia.
    It’s a very frustrating move if you see that at the first time (as japanese player, of course).  :-D

Thanks. I couldn’t see it at all.
    These bombers movements are becoming a bit like Chinese checkers lol.

• @Bean:

Let us know how it goes! It is the correct risk to take.  :-)

You asked… here it is.

(ADS).  We got 2 hits rd1, Japan 1 hit.  Lost ftr
    bmr on ftr: 1 hit, tpts: 0
    bmr on 1 tpt, hit, no defense.

Bomber survives.

We did well.

Thanks all for the advice.  Trying to get confirmation on the move.  I think it was think of those “if its too good of a deal, it’s not a good deal” thingys.

• :-D Silly Axis, unguarded transports are for kids? :o

A 10 IPC fighter for 32 IPCs in tran…tasty  :evil:

Or you could build Destroyer + 2 Transports having 3 or 4 Transports and a Destroyer in SZ 60 and not worry about it. :P

• A destroyer has the cost of 1.5 transports, firepower of 3 and endurance of 1.
    Then why not a carrier ? At the cost of 2 trans, can land the fighter meant for Wake for a firepower of 7… and decisively deterring a KJF.

Because a destroyer is cheaper.

You cannot buy 2 transports and a carrier on Japan 1.  That means trading in a transport to get a carrier, not a trade I want, or getting two transports (3 or 4 total available on Japan 2) and a destroyer thus not tying up your fleet on such non-sense as transport protection duty.

Not to mention, when I go after the American fleet with Japan, I always wish I had another destroyer.  I never wish I had another transport.  (Talking rounds 12+ when Japan goes after the Allied fleet to protect S. Germany)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m