• Give Germany a slowed Allied naval set-up, a strong position in SZ7, AND Africa, and Russia is fracked, maybe even UK itself.

Germany with a Navy AND $50 IPC?  Have tyou learned nothing form the damage that has been doen to the fleet that the US spent 17 turns building up that is now a shadow of itself off Tokyo, and is only 1-2 turns from total anhiliation?  And that with Japan only spending money on fleet for a couple of turns?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Japan’s spent a heck of a lot more on fleet then America, so you’re statement of two turns of build up is rather ridiculous. (Besides, it was more then 2 turns, it’s more like 5 turns of ship building for Japan vs 4 turns for America.)

And I’ve learned a lot, actually.  Like how to royally screw you up because you’re clueless on certain aspects of the game.  This one has been a very serious intelligence coup for me.  I know what to do to make you do what I want you too.  Now I just have a few more fealers for the nitty gritty before I have you down pat.

• Perhaps then I should just take London on G18 and be done with it eh?  Or shall I embarass you with the full Global Domination?

Whatever you think you have time for.  The game was over when the allies had no actual successes in the first three rounds of play due to the dice.  Everything else has been bad axis strategy coupled with dragging the game out.

• Right… Bad Axis strat has the Axis collecting $120 IPC’s, give or take a few, for the past several rounds…

Winning does not define good strategy.

Good dice rolls beat good strategy any day, and twice on Sunday.

• @ncscswitch:

Perhaps then I should just take London on G18 and be done with it eh?  Or shall I embarass you with the full Global Domination?

There is no need to beat a dead horse.

It isn’t good for you, and isn’t good for the horse.

He’s the one who said he wouldn’t accept a surrender.  At round 4ish I was looking at the dice results and how it effected teh global position and realized the lost cause.  But he adamantally wanted his 10 VCs.

• Actually, i was going to go for all 12, taking the last 3 in a single shot :-P

But it would have taken another 3-4 turns to set up…

• the “bad dice” thing gets tiresome.  Run the thing on a dice sim, and then if the dice were truly awful (like off by more than 75%), then kill the game and start anew.  Otherwise this BS of “you suck - just because i’m losing doesn’t mean you don’t suck a lot worse than me” is stupid.

CC

100% miss rate on defense in hundreds of engagements through 18 game turns.

We’re not talking about 1 single battle that decided the war.  That’s just tough luck.  Never getting a return shot on defense that hits is outright sillyness.

• @Jennifer:

CC

100% miss rate on defense in hundreds of engagements through 18 game turns.

We’re not talking about 1 single battle that decided the war.  That’s just tough luck.  Never getting a return shot on defense that hits is outright sillyness.

that truly does suck.
    Have you considered a game where luck does not play such a role?  Maybe chess . . . .

How about a nice game of Tic Tac Toe.

• Why not just do a crossword instead?  No luck involved there, just yeer brain!!!

• @General_D.Fox:

Why not just do a crossword instead?  No luck involved there, just yeer brain!!!

“brain”?!

Don’t be usin those four letter words up in heah!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m