• For UK turn one, I’m thinking of buying a mIC for Egypt, block Italy’s navy from reaching with a destroyer off Greece, hit Italy’s Dd tr off Malta with what combat ships I have and Gibraltar fr and hit tobrok with everyone else available. I am also going to bring the strat bomber to Malta but I would like to hit Italy’s port. Not sure if I have the range. The left over ipcs would go towards 4inf 1art in London. My carrier would be left off of Egypt. With one fr one tac

• '17 '16 '15

depending on what Germany does a rd 1 Egyptian minor can make you susceptible to a sea lion. When/if you can secure Egypt a minor is definitely a good build

• Hi Thelonegold,
    welcome to the board!

Your turn-1 purchase should be based upon the German turn: If he had build an invasion fleet (Carrier & Transports) you should spend all your money in London. If he didn’t invest in his fleet, an invasion might just be postponed.

With your actions in the Mediterranean, a standard move is the “Taranto Raid”: use all of your fleet and planes (incl. the bomber in UK) to sink the Italian Battleship and as much of the Italian navy as possible.
    There are some critics of this strategy here on the board, but my experience with G40 (and variant set-up’s for 1941 & 1942) show me that every time the Italian BB survives UKs 1st turn, Italy is nearly unstoppable in the Med., North Africa and the Middle East.

If you are new to A&A-1940 I suggest you should take a look at Young Grasshopper’s excellent strategy videos on youtube. (www. youtube.com/channel/UCRvGAYMU9MyOw6G0BKhmu2A )

Greetings,
    Lars

• Thank you guys. I guess saying what I’m thinking without stating what the German player does doesn’t help that much. G1 take Normandy, France, large attack on northern British fleet sink dd tr off of Canada and cruiser off of Gib. Buy is inf art for west Germany. G2 is set up for Barbarossa attack neutrals hit UK Mediterranean fleet. J2 is the typical money grab turn in the Pacific. My group plays clifside bunker house rules and have studied their strategies. I’m looking at trying different things to keep the game fun for me.

• '15

I have an opening for another new game I can probably respond to once or twice a day.

If you want to try some things with openers, you can then see my responses/counters to them. I’m by no means an expert, nor the most skilled person on these boards, but ‘t’ain’t like this is m’ first rodeo, neither.

I don’t care if we just do nothing but turn 1 and 2 over and over.

• I’d be interested in that. Down side I don’t have a board right now and I don’t have it memorized. Though I do have a vague memory of where everything is.

• '15

TripleA, sir.

See: http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki
    See: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=40.0

Or, if you live in Belgium and are bored this Sunday, haha.

• Would love to visit but that’s not exactly an easy commute for me.😊

• I’ve found this almost assures sealian just to keep orally in the game.

• @Thelonegold:

For UK turn one, I’m thinking of buying a mIC for Egypt, block Italy’s navy from reaching with a destroyer off Greece, hit Italy’s Dd tr off Malta with what combat ships I have and Gibraltar fr and hit tobrok with everyone else available. I am also going to bring the strat bomber to Malta but I would like to hit Italy’s port. Not sure if I have the range. The left over ipcs would go towards 4inf 1art in London. My carrier would be left off of Egypt. With one fr one tac

If Germany lets you, then maybe.  Otherwise no.  And if Germany builds surface ships on Ger-1 or if Germany spends no money on Ger-1, then you are not allowed to build that complex.  You risk putting London in jeopardy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m