Mortarman1577's Axis And Allies Europe 1940 2nd Edition Variant

• Hello to all, I’m new to this site but have been playing A&A since highschool. With the combination of HBG.com and A&A’s Europe 2nd Edition, my friends and I decided to develop a much more in depth and invasive variant. We decided to include Waffen-SS units for the Germans, new Tank Destroyers for all countries, and a host of other rules and ideas. If anyone shows any interest in this material, I’ll gladly share. I’m always looking for new ideas and ways to improve. Thanks again!

Carson - Mortarman1577

• Customizer

Welcome!

• Please do share, don’t make this just another Teaser.

• Gladly, I’ve added a comprehensive list of units, which is really the core of the game and provides the easiest way to explain it. I’ll use the Germans as an example.
    Their units are as follows:
    (Also, the key for the number that follow each name is the attack value, defense value, movement value, IPC value, and introduction date of that unit. The introduction date goes along with the turn order of each nation, as each nations’ turn represents a month in a year, starting with Germany in June of 1940. Special abilities that a unit has are also explained.)
    Whermacht Infantry 1/2/1/2 1939+ (Artillery Support)
    Waffen-SS Infantry 2/2/1/3 1939+ (Artillery Support)
    Waffen-SS Panzergrenadiers 2/2/1/3 1941+ (Blitzkreig: these units gain an extra movement value when paired with any German tank)
    Blockhouse Fortification 0/3/0/8 1940+
    Sdkfz. 251 Mechanized Infantry 2/2/2/4 1939+
    STuG III Tank Destroyer 2/2/2/4 1939+ (Tank Destroyer: this unit attacks are counted against enemy armor DIRECTLY and are rolled on a 3/3, but they only gain this bonus against enemy armor)
    Panzer II Light Tank 1/2/2/3 1939+
    Panzer III Medium Tank 2/2/2/4 1939+
    Panzer IV Medium Tank 3/2/2/4 1940+
    Panzer V Panther Medium Tank 3/3/2/5 1943+
    Panzer VI Tiger Heavy Tank 4/4/1/8 1942+
    Flak 36 88mm AA Gun 2/2/1/4 1939+ (Multipurpose AA Gun: this unit can attack both air and ground units, & also acts as artillery support for Infantry)
    Flak 41 8.8cm Heavy AA Gun 2/3/1/5 1941+ (Heavy AA Gun: this unit can only make attacks against enemy aircraft and armored units)
    Bf-109 Fighter 3/3/4/10 1939+
    Ju-87 Stuka Tactical Bomber 3/3/4/10 1939+ (Tactical Bomber: this unit suffers a -1 penalty to attack and defense values when enemy aircraft are present in the engagement)
    Ju-88 Strategic Bomber 3/1/6/12 1939+
    He-111 Strategic Bomber 4/1/6/14 1939+
    Fw-190 Fighter Bomber 4/4/4/12 1943+ (Fighter Bomber: This unit engages air and ground units equally, and therefore does not suffer the penalty of Tactical Bombers)
    Me-262 Fighter 4/5/4/15 1944+
    V-2 Rocket 3/0/8/15 1944+ (Ballistic Missile: this is a one time use per unit, unit. If this unit scores a hit on it’s target, roll a second dice, this equates the damage done to ground units in that territory, or damage done to a base/complex)
    10.5cm LeFH 18 Artillery 2/2/1/4 1939+

Note: All naval unit values remained the same, so I will not be posting them here.
    Graf Zeppelin Class Aircraft Carrier
    Bismarck Class Battleship
    Zerstörer 1934 Class Destroyer
    Hipper Class Cruiser
    Type VII Class Submarine
    Hilfskruezer Class Transport

• I don’t want to destroy your zeppelin….but many member on this forum already used the German units you mention on your post.
    In my case…I introduced them 15 years ago… :-)
    But I’m glad that someone put some evolution in their game.

AL.

• Well Mortarman, that seems to shake things up!

I did notice 2 problems, though.

1. "Blockhouse Fortification 0/3/0/8 1940+ "
    It’s horrendously overpriced. Why would anyone buy that instead of 4 Whermacht Infantry? It needs an extra ability, such as the ability to soak hits (several, at that price) like capital ships.

2. “Panzer III Medium Tank 2/2/2/4 1939+” is 100% inferior to
    “STuG III Tank Destroyer 2/2/2/4 1939+ (Tank Destroyer: this unit attacks are counted against enemy armor DIRECTLY and are rolled on a 3/3, but they only gain this bonus against enemy armor)”

You should post the rest of the lists you have.

• @EnoughSaid:

1. "Blockhouse Fortification 0/3/0/8 1940+ "
    It’s horrendously overpriced. Why would anyone buy that instead of 4 Whermacht Infantry? It needs an extra ability, such as the ability to soak hits (several, at that price) like capital ships.

No, you should not buy that Blockhouse if you want to win the game.

What is a Blockhouse ? Infantry + a concrete bunker ? In that case it should cost 3 IPC + 1 IPC for the concrete, a total of 4 IPC, and defend on 2, and take two hits to kill. The whole idea with a bunker is protection. All units that are protected by armor or concrete are hard targets that absorb hits, or negate hits.

And what is a Fortification ? Is it a heavy artillery gun in a casemate ? In that case it cost 4 IPC for the gun + 1 IPC for the concrete, a total of 5 IPC. I think it should defend on 3 or less, and for sure take two hits to kill.

Ooops, forgot to add a pic of the HBG Atlantic Wall fortifications and the Blockhouses from D-day

P1010163.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m