• Hey guys

I picked up all the avaiable axis and allies sets today, looks like fun. anyway I have few questions that I hope you can answer. If there questions that are answered in the manual I apologize I have some other commitments tonight and will probably read some of your answers before work in the morning.

1. I see the checklists that came in some of the booster packs, where can I get all these other figures? are they going to be released in future booster packs or can I buy them somewhere? or do I just trade them?

2. Does anybody else find that there maps when out of the box didnt stay flat, I stacked a bunch of boos on mine?LOL

3 ) Is there a site that I can print different maps off, or can you only use the ones that came in the starter set?

4 ) What are some other sites that talk about and deal with A&A minatures

Thanks for the help guys, like I was saying I apologize if some of the questions sound stupid,lol

Jeremy

• The miniatures on the checklist are all of the miniatures that came out for that set. Each of the three sets out have their own checklist. You have to buy Booster Packs of more miniatures to get there. Where you bought the game itself ought to have the boosters as well. As for the maps, I fold them in the opposite direction of their crease and they stay perfectly flat. All it takes is a few folds. There’s other maps out there, and you can start with the Wizards of the Coast website: they release scenarios and new maps to play with every month I believe (maybe it’s every 2 months).

To find a bunch of maps and other forums that discuss this game, Click Here. That’s where alot of people get their new maps. I’d suggest getting a second Starter Set just to have enough maps, since the 4 they give you isn’t enough to play on (in my opinion, but we also play 150 to 300 point battles instead of 100).

I hope this helped some.

-=Grim=-

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean that each set has its own checklist of totally different miniatures. Set I, II, and III all have completely different (but compatable) miniatures.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@F1fan:

1. I see the checklists that came in some of the booster packs, where can I get all these other figures? are they going to be released in future booster packs or can I buy them somewhere? or do I just trade them?

Those are all of the possible pieces thatyou can get by purchasing boosters. The boosters include random units: one rare, a few uncommon, and the rest are common.

1. Does anybody else find that there maps when out of the box didnt stay flat, I stacked a bunch of boos on mine?LOL

Yes, they don’t lay flat. I purchased a large piece of plastic to lay on top of the maps when I’m playing the game.

3 ) Is there a site that I can print different maps off, or can you only use the ones that came in the starter set?

http://www.axisandallies.org/node/32

4 ) What are some other sites that talk about and deal with A&A minatures

There is actually not too much out there. Beside the boards at Avalon Hill. AH is really busy though, lot’s of noise.

• MAPS~~

if your going to print out some of the other maps.  such as these http://24.150.163.38/pasalades/  then make sure you just don’t print them on 11x17. or else your maps will be smaller than the ones that come with the starter set.  be sure to change the settings and make the actual print image size 16x10.5  that way you can match them all up and it will look really good.

~ side note.  be sure to tape the back of the map when putting them together with some blue masking tape.  it is made to peel away without ripping anything and i’ve been using it now for 6 months and my maps still look new

• wow that map links usefull  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m