Question regarding American paratroopers

• 2007 AAR League

Can a paratrooper use it’s ability of moving into any territory at the end of the move sequence more than one time?  To me this seems unfair especially if the Axis player moves first which would allow the paratrooper to land in a hex with an enemy tank and simply destroy it becuase it cannot fire back.  My second question is if you can use all special abilities more than once throughout the game.  Thank you for your time.

• No, they land once.

-=Grim=-

• Although nicknamed ‘teletroopers’ they do in fact only deploy once, like all other units.  Unlike Partisans this doesn’t have to be right away, but once they’ve been placed that’s it.

• I hope the next set has German and British paratroopers.

• Dude, I have NO idea why this new set doesn’t have the Fallschirmjaeger. With the whole “contested skies” thing, you would have thought they’d have included them. The FJ fought alot on D-Day (without dropping though… they hadn’t jumped in years), so maybe they’ll be in set 4.

-=Grim=-

• They’ll probably be right next to the British paratroopers. I cant remember, but did Germany or USSR have any 'troopers?

• Germany? yea, that’s who the fallschirmjaeger are. The Russians also had paratroopers, but they only saw large-scale action twice as far as jumps are concerned, and they were disasters. But like the German FJ, the Red Army paratroopers were used as shock troops for ground operations. But they were used in small-scale operations a number of times. I dunno if they actually had a specific name though. The thing I thought was cool about the Russian AB was that they dropped in civilian clothes sometimes and worked with Partisan units behind enemy lines… sneaky.

-=Grim=-

• Hopefully they’ll bring in the Fallshirmjager for a Mediterranean focused set.  That would be nice with a Crete scenario.

• Crete is exactly what I think about when I wish for the FJ. You read my mind dude.

-=Grim=-

• 2007 AAR League

Besides for the paratrooper ability, are all other special abilities used as many times as need be?

• @UKcommander:

Besides for the paratrooper ability, are all other special abilities used as many times as need be?

Unless they specify otherwise, like the Panzer Ausf III’s smokescreen or the Wermacht Expert Sniper’s headshot.

• @UKcommander:

Single-use cards (eg AP Rounds, Headshot, Smoke Screen, etc) will say so otherwise it’s usually considered ‘always in use’.

Paratroopers & Partisans ‘deploy.’  A unit can only be deployed once.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m