Nominations for A&A Revised Strategies

• Um no, Japan spends 30 on IC’s wisely, not blows. And I clearly said, IF Russia buys all INF on any of the first three turns, they will lose.

• @BigPapaSmurf:

Um no, Japan spends 30 on IC’s wisely, not blows. And I clearly said, IF Russia buys all INF on any of the first three turns, they will lose.

it seems like tenks for inf, as i see it

i would like to try this strategy, sounds interesting, i mean i would like to counter it

up for a game

a league one?

i ll use triple a , you can use whatever program you like

what say you

• I have used the 2 IC tactic with japan several times, with great success. The 30 Ipc’s spent will soon turn in to profit when the Japanese tanks start rolling through Asia. This also frees up all excess Japanese  transports for attacks on Australia, the Middle east, Africa, or fodder in the pacific showdown.

If left uncontested in the pacific, i will usually build an extra IC in India or Sinkiang, enabling Japan to throw up to 9 tanks on Russia every turn!

As always you, you will have to respond to R1 and UK1. If the TRN in ss59, and the sub in ss45 is taken out, and the fighter moves to Hawaii, you might reconsider the strategy. If not, You will have a solid base for rapid expansion in Asia.

-Skle-

• @Skeletor:

I have used the 2 IC tactic with japan several times, with great success. The 30 Ipc’s spent will soon turn in to profit when the Japanese tanks start rolling through Asia. This also frees up all excess Japanese  transports for attacks on Australia, the Middle east, Africa, or fodder in the pacific showdown.

If left uncontested in the pacific, i will usually build an extra IC in India or Sinkiang, enabling Japan to throw up to 9 tanks on Russia every turn!

As always you, you will have to respond to R1 and UK1. If the TRN in ss59, and the sub in ss45 is taken out, and the fighter moves to Hawaii, you might reconsider the strategy. If not, You will have a solid base for rapid expansion in Asia.

-Skle-

do you refer to 2ICs build on turn#1 or

if so i would like to try to counter your strategy

up for a game?

• 1 IC every turn for the first 3 rounds can work well for japan, especially when you have close to 50 tanks knocking on stalin’s door  :evil:

however 2 ICs on J1 seems a little bit much. Your going to be spread awfully thin J2 trying to push advantages and consolidate gains.

• @Crazy:

:-o
      Ok, here is a new strategy for the Allies;
        But not new really, the Allies did it in WWII, (my dad told me, he was there. B-17 belly gunner).
    Anyway, I see ( as they did) Great Britton is an unsinkable AC for bombers! So I buy a bomber for UK every round as well as one for the USA. And strat bomb the Nazi bastards to Hell. Sure I will be slowed up building my invaion fleets, but there will be far fewer troops to deal with when I do get there. PLUS, there will be less for the Germans to throw at the Soviet scum. Er, I mean our Dear Allies the Russian people.
    Then when Germany falls, Oh ya, Japan is going to rue the day and the night too.
      Now this is with no tech. But if tech is on, spend 10 IPC a turn until you get the dreaded "heavy bombers", this will end Germanys pain all  the sooner.
    Still, I reccomend getting the Germans out of Africa, and putting some sort of a threat for the Japanese to stay honest about in the Pacific, but I’ll let you figure out just how to accomplish that, geese, want me to do everything for ya?
      Crazy Ivan :roll:

Mankinds greatest achievements are usually a direct result of War. Too bad huh?

Amen to that. Bomb the Germans into submission with bombing raids. That will make the Germans in a tight bind with little IPC’s to defend against D-Day. It may be costly to bomb, but it is worth it.

• I also consider a 2IC 1st turn build for japan to be a strong move in many instances.  And you can focus on land support and worry less about allied fleets earlier when not relying on transports.

japan is paying a premium to get guys to the mainland one way or the other.  front-loading that cost is no big sacrifice.

• I’ve been a fan of A&A since the early '90’s. Play the revised version with mates a lot. We seem to exclusively play with all national advantages, and recently I have devised a new combined axis strategy.

I find ppl often ignore the German fleet and don’t defend it well enough. First turn build is usually straight navy: 1 BBS and an AC. These go to support the fleet in the baltic. I then attack the brit BBS in Gib with 2F, 1B and the BBS and trannie (load the trannie with 1 man). I send 2F against the DD in Egypt, and 90% of the time casualties do not effect Germany’s standing long term. I then land the troop in Gib and capture it so allies can’t attack the BBS, sub and trannie effectively.
    I push to reclaim some land in europe, usually belorussia and arkangel, and then focus on leaving most of my air superiority in WE. This leaves me with strong attack opportunities on GB turn two, after all - 2xBBS, plus max airpower = bad sitrep for UK.
    I find the german fleet can hold off any atlantic invasion force long enough for Japan to take most of the allies mid map holdings and secure the game. After t1 i generally build 10 men and a fighter, afterall Germany’s blitz ability leaves its tanks in the rear after an attack and not susceptible to loss.

Japan:
    I figure my build revolves around whether or not the trannie is sunk round one:
    If it is:
    Build 3 trannies, 2 inf
    If not:
    Build 2 trannies, 4 inf, save 2IC.

First turn i hit the US fleet in Hawaii with sub, F from Caroline, DD, B from Japan.
    Only other attack is China which i hit with all Inf from MAN and KWAN, plus 2F from EI carrier, 1F from FIC and 1F from MAN, 1F from JAP, both atatcks should win with limited losses.
    I then ship the tank, arty and two inf over from JAP if i have 2 trannies, or a tank and a man if only one.
    This leaves me on round 2 with approx. 3inf, 1 Tank, 4F to attack ssingkiang, and a second assualt force of (if 3 trannies purchased) 5inf in JAP, plus 2 Inf from PHIL, plus one from OKI, and the one in MAN = 8 Inf, 2BBS, 1bom, 2F to attack butyralia. I find this is a necessity to rid the yanks from the mainland, weaken INdia’s support, and break Russia’s back by round two.

It leaves the allies with too many battles to fight, and not enough resources to fight any. Russia has no troops to bear down on Japan as they are committed against Germany, America cannot place anywhere near enough to hurt Japan, and Britian has to decide between India and GB by end of the first or second round.

There are contingencies of course for slight things the allies can try to do, but the aim for Germany is always holding on for long enough that Japan can win the game. Works a lot of the time, but is obviously a strategy to employ when people are using the advanced rules with National Advantages.

Anyway, that’s a contribution from New Zealand lads. Enjoy.

• There are some good strategies/tactics at the following. Just scroll down to the A&A forum (A&AR).

http://www.gametableonline.com/forum/

The caspian sub articles on strategies for A&AR should be required reading.

Here they are:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af6h5cc/n/CSUB_rar

• Check this strategy out
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20191.0

It is the KAF

this is the best Strat when losing.

Look at ur opponent in the eye, Grab the table edge, then in a angry tone flip the whole table over and Say “Fudge that poo” there, u win every time.  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m