Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ

Well it has hit to Blockbuster status and I think it will go higher

• Most controversial movies do that! :-?

• You were crucified because it was obvious that was your goal, and the vast majority of your posts prove it. I think had you earned your post count legitimately, very few would take issue. Personally, post count holds little value, as evidenced by the frowning face at the end of my ‘celebratory post count’ post. It was a joke.

I can’t help that I’m not funny.

~cheers

• @K-Ration:

You were crucified because it was obvious that was your goal, and the vast majority of your posts prove it. I think had you earned your post count legitimately, very few would take issue.

Thats Bull… :evil: Only about 10 of my 450 something posts were intended to do that! :x

• @MuthaRussia:

@K-Ration:

You were crucified because it was obvious that was your goal, and the vast majority of your posts prove it. I think had you earned your post count legitimately, very few would take issue.

Thats Bull… :evil: Only about 10 of my 450 something posts were intended to do that! :x

Hmm…as the most recent member of the super mega club, I feel a certain responsibility? to make a comment here. Generally, posting to increase your post count about your post count is annoying, although on special occasions (such as 1000) or something like that, it’s no big deal. For K-Ration to do it at 100 suggests that maybe he really didn’t expect to even get that far, and so is no big deal, whereas MuthaRussia, posting at 250 when several people were criticizing many of his posts as spam is an entirely different matter. MuthaRussia, I would suggest that you not get so mad, as all the charges leveled against you are entirely true, even though you have made some attempts to change your ways. However, if you make a post about reaching 1000, I doubt anyone would really mind that.

And consider this my obligatory 1000 post, I just thought I’d bury it somewhere where few are likely to hunt for it. :wink:

• Gratz on 1000, in case no one else sees it!

~cheers

• Congrats GI,
    and welcome to the culb of people who could be called to get a life :)

• GI, We’re working on the newsletter now, and i’ll make sure to credit you will this feat!

Congrats comrade!

• @MuthaRussia:

GI, We’re working on the newsletter now, and i’ll make sure to credit you will this feat!

Congrats comrade!

very magnanimous of you.

• Was that sarcasm or not?

If it was sarcasm, again, you’re hilarious…not really! :x

• @MuthaRussia:

Was that sarcasm or not?

If it was sarcasm, again, you’re hilarious…not really! :x

it wasn’t sarcasm.
    and i really don’t care about what you think of me.

• @cystic:

and i really don’t care about what you think of me.

Were did i say what i thought of you?

• @MuthaRussia:

@K-Ration:

well, maybe . . . but many of the rest appeared to be “intended to do that”. I mean face it, most are pretty crappy/one worders/"i agree"s.

• When i agree with what someones saying am i supposed to say a paragraph on how i agree with them, or should i say just “i agree”, The answer is easy, I agree is much easier to say!!!

• @MuthaRussia:

When i agree with what someones saying am i supposed to say a paragraph on how i agree with them, or should i say just “i agree”, The answer is easy, I agree is much easier to say!!!

Or, you could just not respond at all, it’s not always necessary to say that you agree, unless you have points to add to their argument. (unless you’re blatantly trying to add to your post count)

• I guess youre right, thats a good point… I’ll make sure to refrain from the “I agree’s” from now on!

• I officially retract anything I have ever said that has been in any way neutral or positive towards the French. They have disgraced themselves, and I henceforth am ashamed to say I have ever visited their nation.

A number of movie theaters in France have refused to show Mel Gibson’s “The Passion”. Not over religious reasons, o no. Not over graphic violence, not at all.

They refuse to show the movie because it is a “Fascist Propaganda Film”.
    Dont think about that for too long, or blood will shoot out your ears. To quote Mr. Lewis Black “An anneurism is when a blood vessel in your brain pops for no reason. Well this is the reason. Someone says the stupidest thing you’ve ever heard, and it goes in your EAR!”

“The Passion” a “Fascist Propaganda Film”. I weep.

• Janus … if i did it that way … i have a many hilarious stories about the US.
    Like the teacher who (with his class) went to do a boat trip through the Amsterdam port. … And then, as he saw the figure head of an old dutch sailing vessel, sent all the kids to the stern of the boat so they couldn’t see the wooden figurine… as it was a bare bosomed woman…

• F_alk - these are individual teachers - not the most enlightened people on the planet (my sister is one - she’s not very enlightened) - as opposed to the government of a country.
    The thing is this is ridiculous, but not very surprising. This country recently told Islamic women that they were not allowed to wear their traditional head coverings and Christians to limit the size of their crosses (they could not forbid crosses as this is a fashion symbol for some people . . . ).

• Well, Janus spoke of “a number of movie theaters” … my reply was just to show that there are ridiculous people everywhere on this planet (with the density probably differing from country to country though).
    My reply was aimed at his generalisation of the French by the action of a few. If i did that with USies … well… i guess i would sound even more “anti-american” then.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m