• If the allies are stable it might be worth waiting as the US so you can set sail with an annoyingly large transport fleet that can D-day somewhere in germanys backyard.

• Customizer

I think we may not be quite grasping the feel of this game. I keep seeing posts about grand maneuvers like ‘Land a large invasion force in Germany’s backyard.’

I think when it comes down to it, players will be forced to throw any and all available troops at whatever front is most critical, in order to avoid being overrun…you may not have extra men to make sneak attacks on Germany when Fritz is knocking on Paris’ front door.

Also remember that a ‘front’ is not going to be just one or two territories, but possibly all tt’s on one’s border. Feeding the meat grinder is going to be more expensive than I think we realize.

• @oztea:

If the allies are stable it might be worth waiting as the US so you can set sail with an annoyingly large transport fleet that can D-day somewhere in germanys backyard.

True, but I hope the allies aren’t stable otherwise the writing is on the wall by the time the US can make landings on turn 6.  Would you risk DDay if naval mines can hit transports? (Can they?  Not sure).  May be better to land in friendly territory in France or Italy.

• Naval mines can hit transports. You call out mines on ships one by one. (to distinguish transport w/2 INF vs transport with INF+Tank)

So yea, amphibious invasions are risky, but if you have naval superiority why march through France as the US when you can land and Greece and be super annoying.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m