Neutral countries defend; not capitulate…

• (Was there a post on this topic here before the website was hacked?)

Wouldn’t you think so? :)

With a little research each neutral country would start with set units units(see ++.) Roll the dice and another unit might be added each round. For example, roll a 1(on d6), then the country builds a unit…roll a 2, 3, 4 or 5, then the country maintains its forces…roll a 6, then the country deactivates a unit.

++For example, Spain might start with 2 inf/1 arm/*1 ftr. (*This is due to evidence of Spanish Nationalist Bf 109E-1s and post Spanish Civil War Bf 109E-3.) Spain would be the only neutral country, I would think, that would have a likely chance(1 in 6) of adding more arm(roll a 5 on d6)or ftrs(roll a 6.) Though Turkey might add more armor.
    SOURCE: http://trfn.clpgh.org/tripms/letter.htm#17

Sweden and Switzerland would start with 2 inf. Most other countries would start with 1 or 0 inf(adding only inf.)

It would be necessary to have separate development tables for each country or group. For example, what would be the odds of Rio de Oro, Angola or Mozambique ever building more than 1 inf?

Well!?! what do you think?

• Sounds like a good idea to me. I don’t think any country in the world would just let an invader waltz thru their country on the way to fight an enemy. It’s more realistic to make the player fight a real combat and then pay 3 IPC (think war reparations or foreign aid) if they win.

• as far as I know switzerland and sweden did have fighters but probably not enough to make it worth the amount but they should each have three inf.

• '19 Moderator

You should check out the World at War set up for Nutrals. They are listed on thrashers site.

I believe for example the Spain has 5Inf 1Arm and 1Ftr

I like this way much better than the original, the countries may seem too strong but remember that in world at war they have an IPC value as well.

• Thanks, dz!!
    To use a cc paraphrase… “you’re a handy guy.”

• Hmmmmm, the neutral countries may have had some sort of defence, but compared to the war-machines it was neglilible (grossly misspelled, sue me). The 3 bucks paid to walk through the country could represent the loss of one inf unit, which seems realistic to me.
    The point of neutral countries defending would be to even the game out more … ?

• I dunno! 5 inf, 1 arm & 1 ftr is a perty ggod force. It’s likely to get 2 hits with 5 shots at 2/6(1 or 2) for inf and 2 shots at 3/6(1) for arm/ftr.

• Indeed! I also seem to remember from some WWII reading I did that Hitler actually “commandeered” a Spanish division for fighting along the Eastern Front, so the 5 inf 2 arm 1 ftr is probably reasonable, but I don’t know about the other countries

• 2007 AAR League

On East and West, by Imp Games, each neutral country has a prearranged force setup as well. China, the Arab League, and the OAS all have different territories with a different amount of units. Just thought you’d like to know.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m