The Allies playbook: Standard openers and suggestions for sequential rounds

• TripleA

I think you have to conquer it to land fighters on it in the same round.

Not 100% sure.

• Below a quote from the rulebook, so decide for yourself:

"THE POLITICAL SITUATION
    (…)

The United Kingdom and ANZAC
    (…)
    These two powers also have an arrangement with the Dutch government in exile (Holland having been captured by Germany) and have taken guardianship of the Dutch territories in the Pacific. As a result, they are free to move units into these territories as a noncombat movement at any time, as long as they have not yet been captured by Japan."

The above rules are pretty clear about it, not? Units can move in it during the ncm and may be aircraft or land units, the rules state no distinction.
    The act of taking control of the territory is explained later in that paragraph which only happens when a land unit moved into such a territory during its ncm, but I can’t see how this prevents aircraft to land there as well.

“They may actually take control of them (gaining their IPC income) by moving land units into them.” (…)

I Look at it as a territory that is controlled by the allied side from the start of the turn. What changes when a UK/ANZAC land unit moves into it, is who gets the IPCs (the Dutch government in exile or the UK/ANZAC) and control switches from the Dutch to UK/ANZAC.

A legal landing spot for aircraft is NOT an area that you controlled from the start of turn, but an area that was friendly (but not friendly neutral) from the start of the turn. The DEI are not neutral!

TLDR (sorry if it is ;-)):
    If you cannot decide if it is legal or not, you can also move land units of the UK into Java first, and then fly the ANZAC FTR as a leapfrog action. AZAC then can take Celebes/DNG instead…

• TripleA

yeah so you have to put land units on it to land fighters. :D

• Hehheh, Mooooh! ;-)

• @Cow:

yeah so you have to put land units on it to land fighters. :D

No you don’t.
    It’s just that moving land units into them gives you their money.

• bump… :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m