Oztea's global41 setup pictures

• Sea of Japan (Korea is missing a fighter)

20121122_231120.jpg

• Pearl Harbor

20121122_231131.jpg

• Australia / New Zealand

20121122_231139.jpg

• Hi all,

played this setup two times. One win Axis / one win Allies. We will test it out more with the newest setup updated 27. November.

In the attachment for you myself edit Triple A Version for Ozteas 1941 Setup. I take the Second Edition Map (latest Version 3.5) and edit all pieces and income. Start of the game was the third turn, like Oztea say. So the political situation is correct. I took the Setup update from 27. November.

Best greetings!

Global 1941 Setup Second Edition Final.tsvg

• The last two weekends were the 41 set up and I think there a good break from the routine. Thats going to be the set up this weekend also.
    Try it you’ll like it

• Played 2 games against myself recently for playtesting purposes.

Game 1 was an allied win. Russia backpedaled to moscow and created a superstack, but inched it forward into Bryansk which almost forced germany to attack it, but that whittled down the german offensive and they had to backpedal.
    The Western allies played a bitter alliance game and weren’t very cooperative. The UK built an IC in egypt and went into europe via greece, while the americans had a huge transport fleet that shuttled units to southern france. Early in the game the UK factory had 20 damage on it, so this route came about as an alternative.
    Also 5 US subs in the italian home waters reduced them to 0 ipcs regularly.

The pacific was a tug of war with Japan constantly being driven backwards, but eventually Soviet and British forces linked up in the balkans, and the US force in france liberated paris. Germany was forced to capitulate. And japan was faced with a US fleet poised to clear SZ 6

Game 2 was an axis win. The japanese opted to take Hawaii on their first turn, and the US retaliated by clearing the pacific.
    Instead of the huge fleets of the previous game, small fleets bounced all around the pacific, eventually the US and ANZAC took too many of the DEI for Japan to hold the bonus so Japan retaliated by attacking Russia. This tied up the train of units destined for moscow, and hence germany took it on the 8th turn and dropped 20 infantry in Germany and West germany.
    Though the US holds Southern France, Normandy, and Holland/Belgium, with the USSR out of the way, there is no hope in liberating paris and holding it (as the US loses control of production centers there)

Though japan was beginning to be eroded away at, they held their own long enough, and stabbed the USSR in the back at just the right time.

In both of these games, Rome never fell. Each time the allies get into position to take it, the axis has just enough to make the attack infeasible.
    In the first game this didn’t matter, because Italy was collecting 0, but in the 2nd game they were still getting positive numbers.

• Does your latest 1941 setup work for standalone games of Europe and Pacific?

• I have never tried it and wouldn’t reccomend it.

• Any plans to make your 41 work for stand alone games?

• Since Europe came out I have tottaly forgot there even was a standalone game.
    I have no plans to modify it to work.
    Theoretically, it would work.

• @oztea:

Since Europe came out I have tottaly forgot there even was a standalone game.
    I have no plans to modify it to work.
    Theoretically, it would work.

the only thing that makes them stand alone games is when you buy them they come in two different boxes.

• Im well aware of that. I just prefer global. It was a global war after all.

• Really like the Japanese option to attack pearl rd. 1, makes things interesting. German steamroller is quite effective with a G1 med clear.

• You mean attack pearl by land?

The US can retaliate and wipe the pacific clean of naval units….it can be done, but is it worth it for Japan?

• @oztea:

You mean attack pearl by land?

The US can retaliate and wipe the pacific clean of naval units….it can be done, but is it worth it for Japan?

Perhaps I am using an outdated setup, but if Japan brings the house, the US counterattack won’t win most of the time…

• A lot of US units can get there if you bring the carriers.
    The planes on the carriers can land on Midway or wake, so you can bring 4 more from the main land, as well as 2 bombers.

What you end up with is a wash, the US fleet is crippled, but so is the Japanese fleet.

Who can rebuild faster, and did Japan’s efforts at Hawaii weaken it’s efforts against ANZAC and India enough so that they will be more annoying.
    (its a good idea for the US to trade because Japan will have to pull planes out of China to refill carriers and scramble spots)

• Sponsor

@oztea:

I just prefer global. It was a global war after all.

This is my first time on this thread and I must say, I’m very impressed with the progress and effort made by Oztea and everyone who has contributed in this setup house rule. I to prefer a global war, playing Europe or Pacific separately feels like playing half a game. I can’t add much value to the process, as my historic knowledge is not as advanced as some of you here, however, I absolutely love the idea of playing this game with a clean slate as far as strategy goes. When my friends and I get bored of playing out the same scenarios using Larry’s setup…. it’s nice to know that Oztea’s 1941 setup will be there to try something completely new. I encourage Oztea and all those that are helping to perfect this setup, to continue on and finish the job. That being said, I can’t stress this enough… please make a final draft and report in the title of this thread when it is 100% done. Thank you.

• I love hearing that people enjoy this setup, and though it may not be balanced to 100% fairness, if you have a few goes at it you will have fun. There are very different and very realistic tactical situations and decisions you have to make. Sea Lion might be out of the question, and this is more of a WWII simulation than a “what if in 1940” sort of simulator like OOB 1940 is.

Its fun, and if there are any major flaws I promise to adress them.

• Sponsor

@oztea:

I love hearing that people enjoy this setup, and though it may not be balanced to 100% fairness, if you have a few goes at it you will have fun. There are very different and very realistic tactical situations and decisions you have to make. Sea Lion might be out of the question, and this is more of a WWII simulation than a “what if in 1940” sort of simulator like OOB 1940 is.

Its fun, and if there are any major flaws I promise to adress them.

Is it done? where can I find the setup list?

• This is the most recent one I am aware of:
    http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6834

If there is another Oz, please let us know. When we play global we hardl ever play 1940 anymore; 1940’s really only for the separate boards for us. Thanks for the great setup.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m