• The two halves of the board don’t match up at the borders! I am incredibly disappointed. Is there any way I can post a picture to show you guys what I’m talking about?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yeah, I also noticed it seems to have the same color difference issue that G40 has. Atlantic is a different color from the Pacific.

• no im not even talking about that, i’m saying when i put the boards together the BORDERS don’t match up… everything is offset

• Nice…

• TripleA

upload a picture, seems like a misprint.

• I can deal with the color of each board being different. I won’t be happy about it but whatever. What drives me crazy is when it’s offset and don’t line up. It’s a map of the world it should line up perfectly to the point that you could if you wanted to set up the board so that the Americas are touching each other and the India/Siberia/ Indian Ocean area be the edges for the map and line up that way also because again IT’S A MAP OF THE WORLD. the world lines up why don’t the map? that’s what makes me crazy sorry for the short rant.

• TripleA

The Americas don’t have to line up.

All maps are distorted. Greenland is not the size of south america, etc etc.

You can’t fix the distortion, unless your map is a globe. The fact that the distortion is on the americas, is a good thing. You want the distortion there, because it is the least played portion of the map.

Trust me, I am a geographer. There is no such thing as a perfect map, every map has a specific utility.

• @AbuMaju:

no im not even talking about that, i’m saying when i put the boards together the BORDERS don’t match up… everything is offset

The boards are designed to be placed in a specific disposition for playing. If you change the way they are supposed to be played, don’t complaint about the results. And if you are looking for a realistic map… try the Army or the Ministry of Geography ;)

• I agree with you, teh map should wrap around.

I was shocked with AAGlobal and i have posted a thread about that.

I agree with some of the map distortions

Europe is a lot bigger on the map and that helps to play the game, for example.

I do not agree that the map does not wrap around

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m