• Sponsor

@Axisplaya:

@Young:

Incredible,
    +2=pro allies
    +3=pro allies
    +3.5=pro axis
    +3.9=pro allies

No experienced player will ever lose England again, and Germany’s only option seems to be a drive toward Moscow

Don’t you think it’s a bit early for that kind of statement ?

Since Russia can attack Germany as soon as UK falls, maybe we are going to see � more G4 Sealion with less than 13 transports…

Perhaps, but I’ve always had an extreme personality. If sealion is still on the table, it might be a round or two later, with more resources required, and more loses taken.

• @Krieghund:

As this was a public playtest effort, there are two kinds of people: those who participated and those who shouldn’t complain about the results.

Thanks to all of those who participated!

Thanks to you and Larry to let the community help.

• Customizer

@Krieghund:

As this was a public playtest effort, there are two kinds of people: those who participated and those who shouldn’t complain about the results.

Thanks to all of those who participated!

Lol.

But you are right.

There are 2 kinds of people:  those that will buy the next Axis & Allies game and those that won’t.

• Their are actually three kinds of people in the world… @#$%s, !&()s and aholes…

You know where im going with this if you’ve ever been fortunate enough to watch “Team America: World Police”

:lol:

• Sponsor

I try to use as many of my German units in the combat phase during G1. However, unless I attack Russia G1, I will be simply repositioning many of my valuable units in the non-combat phase giving myself a better setup for G2. I’m leaning toward a G1 Russian attack, but I would like to hear from those that play tested these changes and what their results were.

• Is it the final setup… Or is it not…
    Will there be a Alpha Final +1?  :wink: hehe

• Sponsor

@ErwinRommel:

Is it the final setup… Or is it not…
    Will there be a Alpha Final +1?  :wink: hehe

The answer to your question is always the same, it’s 99% final (the same answer two modifications ago). My suggestion is, when you see a second edition of global on your game store shelves, that’s when it will be 100% final.

• Customizer

i hope it is final enough that any future change can simply be done with a bid, just like all the other games……

• Krieghund did say it is final.

• Sponsor

After looking at the board for a couple of hours, 1 Strategic Bomber, 1 Fighter, and 1 Destroyer sounds like a good first round buy for Germany.

• I would argue 2 strats and a sub. Really bomb the hell outta london starting rd 2. and hope for bad aa dice.

• Wait do they get more land troops?

• @Veqryn:

i hope it is final enough that any future change can simply be done with a bid, just like all the other games……

TripleA G40 please!

• So the New Russian NO say each original German, Italian, and Pro-Axis.  Does that include the Italian Territories in Africa, and the ones with no IPC.  Hmmmm Originally this NO was just Europe centric–- did it just expand?

• Its not Europe specific

• If the Russians can get to North Africa, they deserve a bonus.

• I honestly beleive Sealion on G3 is still  plausible.

Your looking at ~24 INF (depending on how succesfull SBR was on G2)
    1 mech
    ~6fighters (depeding on whether or not he scrambles to defend seazones or incoming SBRs)
    1 tac bomber
    5 AA guns

vs

13 INF
    5 arty
    8 tanks (you could position differently on G2 and send more tanks and less arty but it really shouldnt change anything)
    ~4 tacs (depending on how many you lost to SBRs)
    ~3 fighters (depending how many were lost in attacking SZ 111 and if any are lost during SBRs)
    ~2 bombers (depending if you lost any to SBR

Plug those into a battlecalc…Saying that he never scrambled his fighters, you lost 2 fighters in attacking SZ 111 and one tac during SBR.

72% win for Germany on 10000 sims.

Now obviously battlecalc doesnt count for using AA guns as fodder. (id say its closer to 67% win for Germany which is a risk/ with great reward)

but really it depends on whether or not he scrambles fighters to defend seazones and or SBRs
    and how succesfull SBR was on london IC.

Ideally he should never scramble to save his fighters for defense of sealion.

If you are using R&D and UK gets Radar then forget it lol

• Sponsor

To many variables to predict, and plans for sealion must be made sooner than those variables can reveal themselves. Still, sounds like your worst case senerio is around 50/50, which if true we may need to reevaluate the reward.

• basically if UK does not 100% do everything in its power to protect london on UK1 and UK2, Germany can still take London on G3.

I just did one test and with UK in full defend london mode, on G3 sealion was succesfull, however only 1 tank 2 tacs and 2 strats survived the assault. Hardly a decisive victory. Germany will be weak to both a USSR push and a USA push.

So my thoughts are the changes work.

• TripleA

Anyone got cards I can print out or something? Or a link to a bunch of text which tells me where each unit is.

Not everyone plays by forum or email. I do live games only, which limits me to triple A and the actual board game setup in real life.
    ~
    germany may have to drop scotland and invade UK the round after. you know instead of G3 do G4.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m