• Do people still try sea lion if UK builds 6 inf 1 fighter R1?

• Customizer

@theROCmonster:

Do people still try sea lion if UK builds 6 inf 1 fighter R1?

So far, we have only played 2 games of Alpha+3 rules.  One time I was Germany and the other time another player was Germany.  Both games Germany did not try Sealion but rather went straight for Barbarossa.  I don’t remember what the UK buys were, but that is about right for one of the games.  Either way, whatever the UK buy, I guess we just don’t like the idea of Russia being able to attack if we take London.  Just don’t feel like there is enough units on the Russian border to hold off the Red Army, with too much stuff committed to England and France.
    So far, whomever plays Germany simply pounds the Royal Navy and uses the Luftwaffe plus whatever subs are left to try and keep British ships out of the water.  Meanwhile in the east we build a huge army along the border and thrust into Russia G3 or G4, whichever we feel comfortable with.

• An observant and smartly agressive player can hold on to Moscow for a long while. (Supposing that rolls are average, the German player isnt perfect, and that you get at least a little bit of pressure on Germanys other front) Depending on the game this could be long enough for America to come in and open another front for Germany that attracts the majority of their attention.

• I have taken it and south Italy the same turn but ii was only because axis failed with dices but there were still like 6 turns of fighting before we could take Berlin.

• Last game I played I had US take southern Italy and western germany. Caught my opponet off guard almost took Japan with US and then UK took Germany and anzac took Japan. All three axis capitals lost in 1 turn… Not saying this should happen normally though. Liberating france is never a good idea. Think about all the money the allies have that would go back to france. 15 IPC’S in total. Also the two factories, one in normandy and one in southern france would go back to france.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Well, in Alpha 3 I’d say Sea Lion is the best possible move in the world.  That’s why I don’t like it.

In Alpha 2 I’ve liberated France, but as you say, it’s an act you do to show the Axis the game is over and get them to surrender.  France never really becomes a power.  Perhaps if we boosted France’s armies around the world so that if Paris fell (and it should) then France could be an influence.

• @Cmdr:

Well, in Alpha 3 I’d say Sea Lion is the best possible move in the world.  That’s why I don’t like it.

Wanna play a game vs me where you go axis?

@Noll:

@Cmdr:

Sure.  Create a thread, post the rules you want and shoot me a link in my private mail (“My Messages”) and I’ll gladly demonstrate the futility of being the allies for you.

• @Cmdr:

@Noll:

@Cmdr:

Well, in Alpha 3 I’d say Sea Lion is the best possible move in the world.  That’s why I don’t like it.

I’ll gladly demonstrate the futility of being the allies for you.

Why so angry? Have I done something to you? Anyway, I’ll start the thread.

@Noll:

@Cmdr:

@Noll:

@Cmdr:

Well, in Alpha 3 I’d say Sea Lion is the best possible move in the world.  That’s why I don’t like it.

I’ll gladly demonstrate the futility of being the allies for you.

Why so angry? Have I done something to you? Anyway, I’ll start the thread.

Sorry, I was not angry, I was mixing some table talk into my post.  Yea, just send me a link to the new thread, if you please.

• There was a game where the Allies took back all of France, and even west Germany and Germany still won. (A French tank even blitzed to Greater Southern Germany)
    After Moscow was taken, and a huge blob of German tanks swung back to the west….the allies conceded

I dont like how the French situation is handled in this game
    -Germany should have a bonus for holding all of France, to discourage them from abandoning it.
    -The Allies should be able to liberate Paris without Re-installing the French government.
    -The US and UK should have bonuses for holding a beachhead

I think you’d solve a lot of problems if the French NO was to collect double for all territories they control that they started with, in addition to America and England getting 5 IPC if Paris is free.

Likewise, Germany needs 5 IPC for Paris, 5 IPC for London.

• actually the best fix is to nix France.  Don’t let it come back.  IF the allies take Paris, France is not resuscitated.

Historically, just how much did France help out after liberation?  Once Paris was liberated most of thier army was busy as security for their countryside and liberating Fortress Ports in Brittany.  France should just be ignored and let the allies continue fighting the war.  France can come back in the post-war world.

No, I don’t like the idea of allowing the Allies to have 3 complexes in W. Europe.  Especially ones they don’t have to build.  A very common tactic for me is to abandon France to the Allies.  Let them have it and lose all their control in Africa and French Indo China, lose their complexes and then move back in.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m