EXPANDED A&A-THE NAVAL SERIES "Coral Sea and The Solomons Campaign"

• Well done Tall!

• Customizer

Crusaderiv,

“Allworkandnoclay” deserves ALL the credit for the Awesome paint jobs.

The only things I can take credit for is coming up with the IDEAS for paint jobs I want,…and then PAYING for them.  BTW, did you see the UK-Pacific(Calcutta) Infantry I had him paint for me?  I call them “Jacks” because of the Union Jack roundels painted on their bases.

“Tall Paul”

uk_inf_jack2.jpg

• Customizer

UK-Pacific(Calcutta) “Jacks” #2

uk_inf_jack.jpg

• Y’all have some very nice pieces there, Wow!

The games you are describing are beginning to remind me of Squad Leader, a game I played almost 30 years ago.  Yours sounds like the same sort of thing on a bit higher level (maybe company level instead of squad level) and plastic pieces instead of cardboard chits.  Developing games like that takes a lot of work.  Good luck.

• Customizer

Dinosaur,

Thanks, I’m especially looking forward to Marine Raiders.  They’re next on the list.  After that will be some US Airborne units: 11th, 17th, 82nd, and 101st “Angels, All-Americans, and Screaming Eagles”.  Wow!

–-----------------------------------------

Only somewhat.  But more like Brigades or Divisions for the normal size of units.

“Tall Paul”

• '21 '18 '17 '15

open your pic in paint and resize,  the limit is  256kb per pic or per post

• Customizer

Everyone,

Well, the US Marines are almost finished and here’s a pic.

Thanks for your advice Dangermouse650.

“Tall Paul”

marines1-1.JPG

• '12

Amazing painting job. Wish I was that good. Enjoy your gaming pieces man

• Customizer

Georgemak1,

Thanks, I’m sure we’ll enjoy them.  The Marine Raiders and Paratroopers are next.  The Raiders are almost done.

Even though I’m sure that these painted pieces will add to our group’s enjoyment of the game I must say that for me the main enjoyment is the f-t-f challenge and comraderie of a game.

“Tall Paul”

• These units look amazing.  About how much does it cost to get those guys painted?

• Customizer

Dadler12,

Let me give you his web-site address(s):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allworkandnoclay/sets

http://www.allworkandnoclay.com/main.html

He is a professional artist and is very talented as you can tell from the pics.
    If you are interested he has his own thread here on A&A.ORG with many pics of his A&A units. His thread also includes an (outdated) price list.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16956.0

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Dadler,

His prices are just now going up,…in response to the prices of his supplies going up.  It would be best if you were to contact him at one of the web-sites that I provided to get an accurate price.  He’s a nice guy, as well as an AWESOME painter.

“Tall Paul”

• Thanks for all the info Tall Paul

• Customizer

Dadler12,

I really like Chads’ painting of the national ensigns on the bases of the Infantry units so I’m having him paint all of my Infantry units first.  Included with the normal Inf. units will be the US Marines, Marine Raiders, Paratroopers, Special Forces, and Inf. from the Neutral Nations.

We already have many aircraft available for painting (F-4F Wildcats, SBD Dauntlesses, TBF Avengers, P-38 Lightnings, P-40 Warhawks, P-51 Mustangs, B-17 Fortresses, B-25 Mitchells, C-46 Commandos, and all of the Italian aircraft.  Some types will be painted in multiple schemes (RAAF, RNZAF P-40s) and some will be modified into different types (B-25s into “J” model commerce destroyers w/14 forward-firing 50 cal. machine guns).  I’m looking forward to all of them, and we haven’t even talked about all of the Tanks and Ships!  As they say, Stay tuned,…More to come!

“Tall Paul”

Â

Â

• Customizer

Well,

The US Marine Raiders are almost finished and here are a couple of “in-process” pics.  Hope you enjoy.

“Tall Paul”

raiders1.jpg

• Customizer

US Marine Raider pic #2

When finshed, these Raiders will have a “USMC” on the right-front of their bases like the “standard” US Marines and have a “1, 2, 3, or 4” on the left-front to denote their Battalian.

“Tall Paul”
    What Do YA’LL think about these units?

raiders2.jpg

• '10

Really looking forward to that “Solomons Campaign” map. Sounds great.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Didn’t the Raiders dye some of their uniforms with black ink to make them darker for island raiding? It would be cool to have a couple uniforms that had that effect.

• Customizer

If you look back at the pics on this thread you’ll notice my Marine Raiders have “camo” uniforms from head to toe whereas my regular Marines have only a “camo” helmet.

The ParaMarines, or “Chutes” as they were known are next, and as Raider units they will be allover “camo”.

These will be followed by four Army Airborne units(11th, 17th, 82nd, and 101st).  The “Screaming Eagles”, “All-Americans”, and “Angels” will also have their shoulder patch insignias’ painted on their bases.

After the Airborne units will be the FMG Italian Infantry and then maybe some “Pro-Axis Neutral” Infantry.

Once we have the new US Infantry I plan on having some “coffee-stained Brown” American Infantry to represent the Naval sailors that fought as Infantry in the Philippines.  That might be interesting.

I’m very impressed with the quality of ALL of HBGs sets.  FMG is really great, too(except for their Italian Truck).  “Allworkandnoclay” does some really AWESOME paint jobs for me.  And without a doubt I’m very thankful to all of them.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Variable,

@Variable:

Didn’t the Raiders dye some of their uniforms with black ink to make them darker for island raiding? It would be cool to have a couple uniforms that had that effect.

Yes, some of the 2nd Marine Raiders (Carlson) dyed their dungeries with black ink before their Makin Raid. It was a simple expediency for that operation only as they were somewhat thrown into the raid before they were completely ready. As I recall their was a picture taken of some of the returning Raiders on the deck of the big mine-laying subs that they utilised for their transport(this one and ONLY time).

I’m sure I can find the pic in one of several books I have about the Marine Raiders.

By the way,…Don’t you think it will be “Cool” to have some Marine Raiders in an A&A game? Personally, I’m very excited about this and all of the other new units and “UNIT TYPES”, not to mention the new game/maps that are “in process”.

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m